Wat didya ppl think of 'unbreakable'?

→ in
Tools    

i've never seen it, but it looks lke a kinda good film, i maight rent it,

& the sixth sense, my friend told me what happened at the end, which was sooooo nice of her , so all the way through the film i was just goin, he's dead he's dead he dead but it was kinda obvious

Don't be Feisty now...
I liked Unbreakable, but I felt it got kinda boring. (Just my opinion.)

The ending was great though, and totally not expected.

If it wasn't a rented DVD, I would of broke it all over the floor.

It was interesting to an extent, but bad acting and the ending was, how dare I, too much of a comic book ending!! RDRR

How did Mr. Glass make so much money collecting comic books anyway?

Given these films and their rip offs- like the Mothman Prophecy and that stupid Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfiffer film- I really think Hollywood has to get off of this dead speaking from outerspace supernatural powers kick!

My 2 cents,
Mr. Suzuki

I absolutely adored UNBREAKAble, beutifully shot, well written and underplayed charecters that kept me enthralled.

I am constantly surprised at people who thought the ending to this film was meant to be a surprise, its the ultimate down to earth comic book film. If youve ever read an issue one of just about any comic book hero you will see this just followed the rules of the genre to the bigscreen. (the intro points you straight to the conclusion.)

As a comic book fan I loved the human edge the film bought to the genre. (Much liek the early Batman's). Its a story of a supposedly regular guy who stumbles upon his higher purpose.

A great film that is easily Shymlan's best...

I wished the buck stopped here
Unbreakable is pure class in a glass..........**** out of ****

Whereas "Signs" (subjected to much discussion within this thread) was completely boring and just wasnt worth watching. * out of **** - avoid!
I agreed with Kong - the shambles of it all just makes a mockery of the rest of the film.
Lets hope Shyamalan gets back to his winning ways real soon for his sake.

I am having a nervous breakdance
The only thing that I remeber from watching Unbreakable is that I thought it sucked. But I don't remember why... because of pretty obvious reasons.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally posted by Piddzilla
The only thing that I remeber from watching Unbreakable is that I thought it sucked. But I don't remember why... because of pretty obvious reasons.
What obvious reasons are those?

I thought the film, as with all of his thrillers, was great.

I said this all before, but oh well.

Sixth Sense ****
Unbreakable ****
Signs **** (His masterpiece IMO, and almost definately one of my Top 10!)

Originally posted by Beale the Rippe

What obvious reasons are those?

Well, since I can't remember a bloody thing of the movie it's not easy remembering why I thought it sucked. The only things I remember are that one guy had superhero powers but didn't like water and another guy had bones fragile like glass.

I wasn't too impressed with The Sixth Sense either even though everybody else seem to like it.

Haven't seen Signs.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Ok. Cool. Just I was thinking obvious reasons....and then I was thinking, "Hey, I didn't see anything that made the film obviously bad"......and then.....my head hurts.

Originally posted by Beale the Rippe
Ok. Cool. Just I was thinking obvious reasons....and then I was thinking, "Hey, I didn't see anything that made the film obviously bad"......and then.....my head hurts.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I don't think I thought the film was total crap, but that I thought it was so hopelessly average. The fact that I don't remember it says pretty much. I usually remember films that are so crappy that they actually upset me.

It's a great movie. Unbreakable had a good cast and an interesting storyline.

The difference between Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense, is that the later was a crowd pleaser. Everyone liked it, "I see dead people" became a household term, but it was somewhat overrated. True, the film was very good, but it was not a masterpiece.

Unbreakable, though not appealing to the masses, was an absolutely brilliant film - truly Shyamalan's masterpiece. It was a completely revolutionary look at the superhero story, and was beautifully designed; I had no idea about Mr. Glass until the end.

A system of cells interlinked
This is an amazing film that is such a great design. Hitchcock would be pleased to no end

Also, Someone said they didn't like it because it had a "Comic Book" ending. Pick up some of the great comic stories out there by Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Kurt Busiak...This stuff is just as deep and valid as any prose stuff in existance. Just becuase something is illustrated doesn't mean it's not good. That comics are shallow is a typical shallow misconception made by people who haven't taken the time to explore what something actually is.

Someone also asked how Mr. Glass made money in comics. How do you make money in anything? Millions of people want comics, he sells them, it is standard business 101. Perhaps that comic he got as a child from his Mom was worth $150,000 when he was 40. The comic industy is an insanely lucrative worldwide market with a massive fan/reader base. Seems quite simple how he made the money.

This film is just such a masterpiece in so many ways, give it another chance!!

_Sedai

I don't like this movie VERY MUCH. There are a few moments that I think are cool, but overall, Signs is my fav. M. Night Shyamalan movie.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by Kong
Nothing was blocking the door.

Everything else in the book seemed to be right... Plus how did the alien know where Mel lived?
1.Plenty of things were blocking the door, it's clearly visible.

2.It was never stated that the aliens were mind-readers, and it did say that aliens appeared within a mile of crop signs. What was in Mel's cornfield?

I thought Unbreakable was awful. The Sixth Sense and Signs were both average. Im not a fan of his work, I think his work is really over-rated, but, thats my opinion

Originally Posted by Philmster
I thought Unbreakable was awful. The Sixth Sense and Signs were both average. Im not a fan of his work, I think his work is really over-rated, but, thats my opinion
I don't think his work is overrated at all. Well, the Sixth Sense was a bit, (okay, a lot) but I don't think it's REALLY overrated, I think he's a very talented director, and actor. IMO that is.

I think Shyamalan's movies are all great. Plot discrepencies aside, his movies are all technically brilliant. He's one of the few director's working today that can make entertaining movies that while scary, suspenseful, and creepy aren't violent or vulgar and for that he should be applauded. And while he may appear to have a pattern of the whole surprise ending thing, his stories are always interesting - at least they are to me. I thought Signs was the best scary movie I had ever seen in a theater when it came out, and when those beginning credits rolled with that music I was just like "That is awesome." As for Unbreakable it is my favorite of his movies. The superhero storyline was very cool and a unique way of presenting it. Plus it just looked good; the cinematography on all of his movies is awesome. I just hope the bad buzz surrounding the script for his next movie is all overblown and he keeps his winning streak going.

He has yet, in my eyes, to have released a film that even challenges anything by the likes of Scorsese or Kubrick for examples.

In all honesty, The Sixth Sense wasn't that bad. Apart from the ending, Signs wasn't that bad. But, Unbreakable was just downright boring and tedious.

The reason I think he is over-rated, is ebcause he is heralded as a great director, but, he hasn't really proven that to me.

Evolution in Progress...
As far as his movies go.......

I liked em'all that I have seen....either a little or alot but I hated the kid that was in the 6th sense...I just hate that damn kid

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.