Scariest movie of all time

Tools    

lol I really don't get why everyone thinks The Exorcist was so scary. The whole way through i was laughing my head off. That movie was a riot.

By the way anyone here seen the triler for 'Gothika'? Holy ***** that movie looks freakin scary! If u haven't then heres a link if u want to: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/gothika/

Originally Posted by T.H.U.G
lol I really don't get why everyone thinks The Exorcist was so scary. The whole way through i was laughing my head off. That movie was a riot.
I wouldn't say it was a funny movie, but you're right, it wasn't all that scary. It was pretty disturbing though...it touched on some pretty deep subjects

I think the scariest movie I've ever seen was probably "Event Horizon". Not only is deep space a scary enough thing, but you add Sam Neill and a spaceship possed by hell into the mix, and you've got a movie that scares the crap out of me everytime I watch it.

IM me. Ni!
i've been a freddy fan since i was a little kid. but hes not scary. im not really scared my horror anymore. all the good movies are old and their not scary anymore. i thought evil dead was SO funny adn the exorcist wasn't bad. the new texas chainsaw massacre made me jump. i like that one. it was probably only scary becuase it was true (or not if you dont beleive it was but i do).the ring was freaky not scary but i liked it pretty well. gothika looks good probably just becuase i like the whole goth thing (i wanted to see it before i knew waht it was about) but it looks good.

and
please go to www.john-lennon.com/petition and sign

did you call moi a dipshiit?
The Ring, really freaked me out actually.

but, yeah, I'd say The Exorcist is most disturbing.

The Entity and The Exorcist still scare the crap out of me.
I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess i just miss my friend- (THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION)

Originally Posted by Psyklone
I think the scariest movie I've ever seen was probably "Event Horizon". Not only is deep space a scary enough thing, but you add Sam Neill and a spaceship possed by hell into the mix, and you've got a movie that scares the crap out of me everytime I watch it.
I don't think it was scary, I thought it was more gory, and disturbing. I didn't like it. I was expecting more of a mind-twisting thriller that messed with your head. This one kinda did this but it was WAY to bloddy for me. I'm not saying I can't handle it, but it was a bit unnecissary. (i really spelled that wrong) But, I was creeped out whenever they saw the tape of the first voyage into space, and what happened to them, that was messed up. To make a long story short, (too late) I expected something much different when I rented this movie, and what I got, I wasn't impressed with.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Most of the movies I get freaked out out of all old black and white movies like "And then there was None?" and "What ever happen to Baby Jane?"
the newest movies that kind of scared me was "The sixth sence" I did not go to sleep for a week it gave me the chills and I am a scared cat when it comes to horror movies so I don't watch them much.
my twin sister watches them all the time and does not care but not me!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

IM me. Ni!
if you start watching more horror you'll kind of get "immune" and not be scared anymore

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I'd go with The Eye as the scariest.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
The scariest movie I have ever seen will have to be The Exorcist The first time I saw it I was just shocked to see such a scary movie. I almost turned off the television. Even though I was watching the movie with a couple of my friends, I was still scared to go to the bathroom. And I think the same thing happened with my friends

IM me. Ni!
im sure the exorcist was scary when it came out but i just saw it recently so it wasnt that bad

The Shining (Nicholson) scared the living crap out of me the first time I saw it

The first movie I had seen that scared me as a kid would have been Alien. The most recent movie that I thought was pretty freakin' scary was Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That scared the sh*t out of me!

IM me. Ni!
the new one? i LOVE that movie. cant stop talking about it. i jumped so many times even after i'd alreadyseen it. it was cool because my dad lived an hour awayfrom where it happened (and i know some people dont think it was real but it was put in the papers so i dont know)

and about theshining,yes that was REALLYgood and scary. i loved thatone too. theremake of it wasnt half as good

Originally Posted by Nirvana9641
the new one? i LOVE that movie. cant stop talking about it. i jumped so many times even after i'd alreadyseen it. it was cool because my dad lived an hour awayfrom where it happened (and i know some people dont think it was real but it was put in the papers so i dont know)

and about theshining,yes that was REALLYgood and scary. i loved thatone too. theremake of it wasnt half as good

The remake is good, but it's not NEARLY as scary because it follows the book completely. Kubrick did an absolutely superb job of scaring the bejesus out of you, but the remake had more backstory, and that's what I like about it. It fleshes out more things so you have a better understanding of why Jack went crazy. But that's my opinion.

Originally Posted by poisonpage
The first movie I had seen that scared me as a kid would have been Alien. The most recent movie that I thought was pretty freakin' scary was Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That scared the sh*t out of me!

No kiddin' on both movies. Alien was great, and TCSM was about the scariest movie that I've seen, for making you jump. OMG, I was so paranoid during that movie, because every five seconds you'd get scared the crap out of.

IM me. Ni!
i saw TCM the day after halloween and im still talking nonstop about it. i dont think the older one was as good. i think the characters died off too quick or something. i just wasnt scared at all. maybe it was because i started off watchign it skeptically. i did like the one son that wasnt leatherface. anyway....point is, the new TCM is scary.