What music would have played at your funeral?

Tools    

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Tom Waits - Dirt in the Ground

My eulogy should be, "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

I've put a lot of thought into this as well. After losing my mom, I realized that a certain song associated with the deceased can really be used as a great coping mechanism. These song lyrics represent the message I want to leave behind for my family and friends. I hope they can hear my heart through these songs and find comfort in them.

Angels on the Moon-Thriving Ivory
Somewhere Out There-Our Lady Peace
In Loving Memory-Alter Bridge
Tonight-FM Static

And I would LOVE to have the "MORE COWBELL" skit from SNL playing on a loop somewhere.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Epileptic seizure for everyone on my funeral!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Just here for the free donuts
Inevitable End would be a great choice for a funeral song, actually.
Very much so! Very pleasantly surprised someone else here knows Woods of Desolation, mega plus rep!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm not having a funeral but after I'm cremated, I don't mind if my friends and family get together, have some food and drink and play Happy the Man's Crafty Hands, The Beatles (White Album), Björk's homogenic, Roxy Music's Country Life/Stranded, Feelies' Time for a Witness, PJ Harvey's Songs from the City, Songs from the Sea and the Smiths' Hatful of Hollow. I think that would help them, if they needed it, remember all our good times together.

When I was young, like early twenties, I actually wrote out some instructions to my best friend, instructions he still has, and they say he is to crank Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good" and insist that anyone who doesn't play air guitar must leave, immediately.

Now in my forties, I don't think I'd go with Joe Walsh. Not sure what I'd want? Some Tom Waits?

Some Floyd?

Some Dexter Gordon?

I do love me some Billy Joel, and it is either sadness or euphoria...

Hey, they can even play ME singing at my own funeral...

Dunno? But my funeral won't be a religious thing in any way, as I am not religious in any way. I hope they throw a nice party in a bar I frequented, sing some karaoke, get way too drunk, hop on top of tables, and laugh a lot.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I would assume that Byran Adam's would write and sing a duet with Sting to honor my life at my funeral and should call it something like "Vital Flame", which would then feature on the soundtrack for the movie.