Movies You Want To See On DVD, Or A Better Edition.

Tools    

Would love a better edition of
Taxi Driver
Full Metal Jacket
A Clockwork orange
American History X
The Shining

have you visited witchy today???
i would like logans run on dvd and hercules returns.

also deperation on R2

also bourne supremacy special edition. its only available on R1 i think. i need R2

monkey business

Originally Posted by lady-p
i would like logans run on dvd and hercules returns.

also deperation on R2

also bourne supremacy special edition. its only available on R1 i think. i need R2
Why don't you get yourself a multi region dvd player? Or you could try and find a region hack for the dvd player you already have, They are easy enough to find, Have a look here and see if your player is listed.

have you visited witchy today???
Originally Posted by diamondgeeza
Why don't you get yourself a multi region dvd player? Or you could try and find a region hack for the dvd player you already have, They are easy enough to find, Have a look here and see if your player is listed.

yes, we were thinking about getting a multi region.

didn't know about the region hack thing...thanks..will look into it.

we did buy 'aquire' disc for the ps2 that was supposed to let you play muti region but it didnt work

My reply may sound pathetic to some but I would love to be able to get Fletch on DVD in the stores. It's a good film but not great and I can't seem to get it anywhere (driving me nuts).

The Fabulous Sausage Man
I wish Five easy Pieces were to be Criterionized. The picture and sound quality of the current DVD isn't great.

Originally Posted by Nexus
I wish Five easy Pieces were to be Criterionized. The picture and sound quality of the current DVD isn't great.

I've got the Criterion edition of Five Easy Pieces in my Laser Disc collection. Does this help?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I've got the Criterion edition of Five Easy Pieces in my Laser Disc collection. Does this help?
Holden, how many laser disc machines do you have currently in operating condition and how many have you gone through since the 80's?

Originally Posted by Escape
Holden, how many laser disc machines do you have currently in operating condition and how many have you gone through since the 80's?
I didn't get my first Laser Disc player until 1993, and it never really stopped working but I did get a new one in 1998 that was a combination LD/DVD player. That one still works great and I watch LDs on it all the time (in fact I'm burning a DVD-R from my Rear Window LD as I type this). I currently have three other DVD players in addition to that machine, and I've found DVD players to be much less durable than the two LD players I had.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Laser Disc? Yikes. Haven't seen one of those in aaages.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
but I did get a new one in 1998 that was a combination LD/DVD player.
I always figured they stopped making them beyond the early 90's. I honestly even forgot they were around till my friend mentioned them a few years back. Remembered seeing them in stores at the time when I was a kid. They were playing the movie "Airplane" over and over in some store that was selling it. But yeah, weird how that technology was around that long ago when many think that it only began around a decade or so ago.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
When it comes to bonus features, American History X and City of God are two of the worst DVDs out there. I want those two to get revamped extras.

And on another note, the only time I've ever seen Requiem for a Dream was on my DVD, but I've heard that a different version was shown in theaters. It's not available on my DVD.

I'd think if they ever put out another Requiem DVD they'd put the original in there.

It rumored that Ms.45 is gonna have a special edition sometime in 2007 so thats the only movie I want to have a better dvd release,I will not buy the movie to its uncut with extras.

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
Aguirre, the Wrath of God was the first movie that came to mind when I saw this thread's title.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by BobbyB
When it comes to bonus features, American History X and City of God are two of the worst DVDs out there. I want those two to get revamped extras.

And on another note, the only time I've ever seen Requiem for a Dream was on my DVD, but I've heard that a different version was shown in theaters. It's not available on my DVD.

I'd think if they ever put out another Requiem DVD they'd put the original in there.
Don't bother. It (Requiem) just had a couple of the scenes re-cut to avoid the X rating. Stick with the original, which is on DVD...

Not a movie but a t.v. series and if
&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emovieforums%2Ecom%2Fcommunity%2Fnewreply%2Ephp%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D11950 is the real deal and the wait is indeed finally over.....then I'm a very happy happy boy. Yipeeeeeee!

*edit*

But reading the viewers comments it seems its only a UK and Eurpope release. Why dear Lord.........why. *sob*