How many DVD's do you have?

Tools    

my name is buck and im here to f**k
I thought I had alot at 95
does anyone know exactly how many dvds there are?

Originally Posted by movieman373
Exactly a sh!tload more than 95.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by newt
...but it is never enough...
Oddly enough, I've found that, since moving away from home, I've had little to no interest in buying more DVDs. Firstly, I'm on a shoestring, of course, so that might have something to do with it and so too would the fact that, through school, I've got access to more DVDs than I know what to do with. But still, the prospect of owning movies is far less important to me now than it was when I left.

I guess I sort of feel that I own the films in the school's library though, so...

Originally Posted by movieman373
For movies that have a rating of G to NC17 there is around 13,000 give or take a 1,000.
If you count any movie including old Tv shows you would be looking at over 35,000.

This information was given to me by a friend who works at blockbuster, so dont quote me on it, although it seems to me like it could be close.

I own a measly 75 originals, and 100 some odd DVD R's
But I am closing in on collecting them all. Now if they would just stop making new movies I might have a chance.

i can see where silver bullet is coming from. dont have too many, i'm not really into this whole "collector-filmbuff" biz. strikes me as a bit unecesary, tho i can see why folks would easilly go for it. besides that, i just dont have the money. most of my disposable income goes into comics and muzak. even if i was making a whole lot more money i'd probably just consider it as more money to spend on comics, which are generally more expensive and harder to come by than movies and books [on account of rental stores/public libraries and so forth].

my favorite thing that i have is the kino buster keaton set, which has most of his independent features and available shorts from the 20s, and is easilly my most watched item; besides that and 'mccabe and mrs. miller', all the stuff i have is just gifts i've accumulated: 'spirited away', 'nausicaa of the valley of the wind', 'only yesterday' [those last two are regionless discs a friend gave me while i was in europe last summer], and jan svankmajer's 'conspirators of pleasure'.