Best of Abbott & Costello Volume 2

Tools    

Universal Home Video has released their 2nd DVD Box Set Collection of classic Abbott & Costello films in a neat slipcover box containing the following A&C films:HIT THE ICE, IN SOCIETY, THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES, LITTLE GIANT, HERE COME THE COEDS, THE NAUGHTY NINETIES, BUCK PRIVATES COME HOME & THE WISTFUL WIDOW OF WAGON GAP. The audio & video quality of these films are quite good, regarding these were filmed more than 60 years ago and they have theatrical trailers and behind the scenes info about these films. All this contained on two DVD discs with 2 films on each side of these two discs.I heartfully recommend this DVD collection to all A&C fans and my only gripe if that the A&C film IT AINT HAY is missing from this collection without further explanation from Universal about it's omission. The next collection of Abbott & Costello films will come in August with the following films: ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN, MEXICAN HAYRIDE, ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET THE KILLER, BORIS KARLOFF, ABBOTT & COSTELLO IN THE FOREIGN LEGION, ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET THE INVISIBLE MAN, COMIN ROUND THE MOUNTAIN, LOST IN ALASKA & ABBOTT AND COSTELLO GOES TO MARS.

is there any dvd that has "who's on first?" on it?

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless
is there any dvd that has "who's on first?" on it?
In The Best of Abbott & Costello Volume 2, the "who's On First?" skit completely appears in the A&C film "THE NAUGHTY NINETIES"(1945) which is in this DVD collection. Unfortunately, the skit has been cleaned up for 40's audiences, because in the end of the original "Who's on first?" skit, Costello says in desperation"I don't give a damn!" to which Abbott replies,"Oh! He's our shortstop!", but in THE NAUGHTY NINETIES film, Costello says, "I really don't care!" to which Abbott then answers"Oh, He's our shortstop", because the only film that time to use the word "damn" with the Hays office permission was GONE WITH THE WIND(1939) that comes to show you that we have gone a long way since then!