The Rodent's DVD Collection.

Tools    

Having read the books quite a few times, I'm feeling a strong need to clarify a couple things here...

The Ministry of Magic was an organisation steeped in and permeated by corruption throughout the books and films, during Voldemort's rise to power.

The Ministry made the mistake of creating an appearance of false safety and security, which would ultimately cost Scrimgeour, the Minister in the DH, his life. Fudge, the predecessor, outright denied Voldemort's return, in complete and utter fear. Furthermore, the Ministry put in most of its time and effort rounding up known Death Eaters.

Simply put, the Ministry made a complete fool of themselves, and aided the rise of Voldemort. I don't think it's a matter of how Rowling failed to use the authoritative body she wrote, but rather how she deliberately mapped it out as a comprehensively unethical and weak organisation.

With all that being said, Rodent, I'm very glad I inspired you to give them a try. I encourage you to read the books (if you're a book-person, that is ) to get a far better perspective on all the things you've see in the films.

I was doing a review of the entire series a few months back and got through 2 seasons and then quit
I do that a lot tbh... start something and quit halfway.

@Citizen Rules reminded me to update this

Not sure how clear the pics will be though, but giving it a go...

Aylions... with Alan Grant and Rexy under the JP Poster

And the light-up Star Wars Frame

And some LOTR

Full pic...

Since the last update, not only did I fill that bottom shelf, but I filled the top shelf too, and then had to expand both top shelves to accommodate more

Numerical, and A-D

D-J
(I file LOTR and Hobbit under Jackson)

J-M

More M
(MCU to The Mummy)

N-S
(I file the new Planet Of The Apes movies under Planet)

S-T

U-Z

I just found an old receipt for 2 of my DVDs...

Demolition Man, and The War Of The Worlds (1953)... bought 10th June, 2001.
Demolition Man cost £13... WotW cost £20

The "special features" on the discs?
Chapter Selection.

Oh the days when chapter selection was a special feature worth paying £20 for

Welcome to the human race...
Surprised you don't actually own any of the original Planet of the Apes movies.

I did buy the box set but I gave them away to a friend who had never seen them. Never got round to buying them again.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I did buy the box set but I gave them away to a friend who had never seen them. Never got round to buying them again.
....I literally JUST gave my original box set away for free. Had I known, I would have shipped them to you instead.

Suspect's Reviews

@TheRodent, no Reservoir Dogs?

....I literally JUST gave my original box set away for free. Had I known, I would have shipped them to you instead.
Aw

Being honest, I I've bought the box set twice. One went to a friend, the other I bought for my Dad a few Christmases ago

@TheRodent, no Reservoir Dogs?

Not yet, been on the lookout for it for a while now but it's another one I haven't got round to.

Scrap that...
Bought Reservoir Dogs today, and added Snyder's 300 to the collection as well
Didn't bother with 300: Rise Of An Empire though as it's a pretty boring cash-in.