The best Albums/Songs thread....

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by L .B . Jeffries
I love The Beastie Boys I got all the CD's and I'd say there old school was the best Album than I'll Communications
AHHHHHHHHYEAAAAAAAAH.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
Steve Miller Band: The Joker
I definatly got some major digage on THE JOKER

what do you think of the Elton John - Rocketman, Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London, Pixies - Where is my Mind and Queen in general.

Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit is the best song ever.

Who needs to? That whole album is great, and so is In Utero.

If you're really curious to hear "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and actually be able to understand the lyrics, get Tori Amos' excellent cover version.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

What? I dont know if I would like it...

I know it's been mentioned before, but I'm going to hail Jagged Little Pill. I was hooked on it years ago, and I'm getting hooked on it again...I'm in awe of it. One of the best albums I've ever had the privelage of hearing.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Can I just add Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo.....? Devo is the best. They threw the idea that rock stars had to be cool right out the window, and opened the doors for Weezer, Pavement, and other geek rock bands that I love. They're also screamingly funny.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Hey, Weezer is cool buddy!!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
One of THE best albums, is Lisence to Ill, Beastie Boys. The best song on the album (besides Brass Monkey and She's Crafty) is, Girls.
Girls

Girls - all I really want is girls

And in the morning it's girls

Cause in the evening it's girls

I like the way that they walk

And it's chill to hear them talk

And I can always make them smile

From White Castle to the Nile

Back in the day

There was this girl around the way

She liked by home-piece M.C.A.

He said he would not give her play

I asked him, "Please?" - he said, "You may."

Her pants were tight and that's ok

If she would dance - I would D.J.

We took a walk down to the bay

I hope she'll say, "Hey me and you should hit the hay!"

I asked her out - she said, "No way!"

So I broke North with no delay

I heard she moved real far away

That was two years ago this May

I seen her just the other day

Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay

Girls - to do the dishes

Girls - to clean up my room

Girls - to do the laundry

Girls - and in the bathroom

Girls - that's all I really want is girls

Two at a time - I want girls

With new wave hairdos - I want girls

I ought to whip out my - girls, girls, girls, girls, girls!

My favorite Beasties song has to be Paul Revere:
"I did it like this, I did it like that, I did it with a wiffle ball bat. So... I'm on the run, the cops got my gun. And right about now it's time to have some fun."

I think Check Yer Head was their best overall album, though. Can't front on that!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
I think Check Yer Head was their best overall album, though. Can't front on that!
Oooooh...I dunno. Lisence to Ill was so innocent, so fun. I absolutely adore the Beasties...they can never do wrong by me. Top favorite song of theirs has to be, So Whatcha Want. Good ol' stuff.

And how 'bout "Pass the Mic"? Love that song. And it, and So Whatcha Want--both on CYH.

Yeah, you're right about the innocence and the fun on LTI. It's definitely a better party CD, but gotta stand by CYH in all other ways.

From Ill Communication:
"Sh*t, if it's that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

I love Girls (no pun intended). Hilarious. I was practically on the floor the first time I heard it. And, of course, we're all required by law to dig that circusy music in the background. Very upbeat.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Yoda
... And, of course, we're all required by law to dig that circusy music in the background.
BWHAAA!!
You're so right...I seriously love that music, best part of the song!
Mary Lo~ Would it be a safe assumption to say that all shapes and sizes dig on the Beasties? I mean, who doesn't ?

I was just about to create a thread like this myself, but it looks like someone beat me to the punch, well my fav songs change just as much as my fav movies. Ok well here is as current as i can get and in no real order:

Summer Of 69 - Byran Adams

Everywhere You Go -Taxi Ride

Lets Dance -5ive

We will rock you -queen

Weapon Of Choice - Fat Boy Silm

thats right i love classics and new songs and although they arent heavy rock or punk or whatever the "cool" stuff is, i still like it

My fav 5 songs:

1 - Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
2 - Stand By Me - Ben E. King
3 - Easy - The Commodores
4 - Live Forever - Oasis
5 - Suspicious Minds - Elvis