Horse Money (2014) by Pedro Costa

13:

Leviathan (2012) by Lucien Castaing-Taylor and Verena Paravel

12:

The Neon Demon (2016) by Nicolas Winding Refn

11:

Stranger by the Lake (2013) by Alain Guiraudie

movies can be okay...
Before Midnight is in my top three of the decade and is my favourite of the trilogy . Haven't seen the others again i'm interested in them all tho.
I thought it was the weakest of the three, but still really good.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

movies can be okay...
This whole list is really good, I watched most of these films and the worst of them is average. Curious to see what's in your top 10.

10:

The Turin Horse (2011) by Bela Tarr

9:

The Hateful Eight (2015) by Quentin Tarantino

8:

Jauja (2014) by Lisandro Alonso

7:

Aurora (2010) by Cristi Puiu

6:

Barbara (2012) by Christian Petzold

I thought it was the weakest of the three, but still really good.
Why did you think it was the weakest?

The Hateful Eight is a top five Tarantino for me. Barbara was pretty good, i'm surprised to see it this high though.

Why did you think it was the weakest?

The Hateful Eight is a top five Tarantino for me. Barbara was pretty good, i'm surprised to see it this high though.

Its a mix of it being a really good film and a personal interest in Eastern Europe during The Cold War

Its a mix of it being a really good film and a personal interest in Eastern Europe during The Cold War
Yeah, fair enough. I hadn't heard of it until Cosmic nominated it for the 12th HOF here recently. Even though i've not seen most of the others i have heard of most of them which is why i was surprised.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Tarantino higher than Tarr?!

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

5:

Camille Claudel 1915 (2013) by Bruno Dumont

4:

Toni Erdmann (2016) by Maren Ade

3:

Holy Motors (2012) by Leos Carax

2:

Stray Dogs by Tsai Ming-Liang

1:

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010) by Apichatpong Weerasethakul

I do like Twentynine Palms from Dumont, but Camille Claudel 1915 doesn't look very appealing to me.

Good job on the list, a lot of interesting looking films

This might just do nobody any good.
I feel guilty. Holy Motors was on Netflix for the longest time and I continually passed on it to watch what turned out to be forgettable crap.

Oh well. I like the list you put together, TokeZa. I always try to find movies outside my usual diet of blockbusters and ocasional Oscar nominees.

Also, uh, is there negativity towards The Turin Horse here? Cause it's one of the most terrifying and devastating films I've ever seen.