Tools    

2006:

1. Syndromes and a Century by Apichatpong Weerasethakul

2. Der Freie Wille by Matthias Glasner

3. Still Life by Jia Zhang-Ke

4. Inland Empire by David Lynch

5. I Don't Want to Sleep Alone by Tsai Ming-Liang

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Amazing thread. I wish you could speed it up.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I still sustain that Inland Empire is the best Lynch film. I haven't seen the Glasner film, but three of the first four are gold!

I think i need some recommendations for 2005. I have seen over 40 films, but must of them are sh!tty...

So far i have got stuff like this ready to watch:
The New World
L'Enfant
The Cave of the Yellow Dog
Krisana
Workingmans Death
The Shutka Book of Records
Linda Linda Linda
Three Times
The Sun
Black Sun

So any recommendations, especially arthouse, would be awesome!

Have you seen Cache and/or King Kong? Those are the two 2005 films that come to mind for me, but ya weak year.

I've not seen that many 2005 movies,but from what I've seen my favorites are

Sin City, Batman Begins, Caché and The New World.

One that I think you might enjoy is a movie from Quebec called C.R.A.Z.Y

I've seen L'Enfant and really enjoyed it, and it's definitely less my type of movie than it is yours.

One of my favorite movies is from 2005, but I doubt The Devil's Rejects is something you'd be interested in.

If you like dark comedy, The Ice Harvest is a very good one. Hustle and Flow is also very good, but again, maybe not for you.

Possibly The Squid and the Whale or Thumbsucker?

For 2005 I liked Sin City, A History of Violence, Memories of a Geisha, Unleashed, The Interpreter, Lords of Dogtown, Lord of War, Oliver Twist, Serenity, Domino, The Weather Man, Munich, The Ringer, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, The Descent, V For Vendetta, Elizabethtown, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, MirrorMask, Shopgirl, The Squid and the Whale, and Stay.

I haven't seen Azumi 2 yet, but the first Azumi was really good.

My favorite movie from 2005 was Noriko's Dinner Table. Just look at all those awards.

A close second would be The Chumbscrubber, I watched this film at least ten times in a one week period.

Let the night air cool you off
I don't know if they are your cup of tea, but I really enjoyed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. I watched Tokyo Zombie, I didn't love it, you might though. The Proposition, Thank You for Smoking, Green Street Hooligans, and Capote are some others I enjoyed. None of those are arthouse, but I like them.

2005: Grizzly Man , Good Night, and Good Luck , The Devil's Rejects , Sin City , Munich , Batman Begins , Wedding Crashers , Wolf Creek and Hard Candy

All very good movies from 2005

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Three Burials, Capote and Good Night, and Good Luck. are American arthouse, but I'm not sure TokeZa has any real respect for American movies unless the intelligentsia says it's cool.

Oh Hard Candy is another one I really liked.

Well, I just got finished watching The Bow, and I think you'd like it TokeZa. It's a really beautiful Korean movie by Kim Ki-Duk. I think it's Arthouse, but I'm not really too familiar with what is or isn't considered Arthouse.