That's right, Jim Mora, we're talking about playoffs

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't know. I don't trust most teams who have the other one "under control" partway through the second quarter. There's a very good chance that your team cannot "control" this situaion when they are "truly" over their head.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think most of us knew that Baltimore would come ready to play and make a statement, too. I got both games right today, but yesterday I didn't know anything lol.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Sooo Who is meeting the Packers in the Super Bowl?

The Jets or the Steelers?

well, I know that New England is making it more than likely.

And honestly I've got to believe the winner of Atlanta/ Green Bay makes the Superbowl.

I will actua laugh if Seattle ends up hosting the NFC Championship game. Actua laugh.

It really is possible though, isn't it?

That would be so funny. I have to chuckle just thinking about it.

At least I'm a little less salty today than I was all weekend. Although I see no reason to stop now if it will somehow translate to another improbable win this weekend. It won't though, we are gonna get drilled hard.

2nd round of the playoffs. I'll go with 2 upsets in my picks.

Seahawks
Packers
Patriots
Steelers

I will actua laugh if Seattle ends up hosting the NFC Championship game. Actua laugh.

It really is possible though, isn't it?

That would be so funny. I have to chuckle just thinking about it.
It very well might. The Seahawks have to beat the Bears (I think they will) and the Packers would need to beat the Falcons (I also think that will happen).

We may very well see a Packers/Seahawks NFC Championship game at Qwest Field.

The Seahawks were bad this year. Something like 30th in DVOA. But a) they have a very significant home field advantage, b) Hasselbeck performs particularly well against the blitz, and the Saints love to blitz, and c) the Saints were really, really banged up. They were on, what, their 5th-string running back?

So, suffice to say, I'm taking Chicago, since none of those things factor into next week's game. Obviously, it's the NFL, so stranger things have happened...but not many of them. The Bears are the better team, they're at home, and they're very healthy. They're the sensible pick, and they win this game 4 times out of 5. So yeah, I'm going Bears.

The other NFC game is somewhat tougher. Obviously, Atlanta plays well at home, but you've got to be a bit concerned about their running game late in the year, and I really think Green Bay has been criminally underrated most of the season. If I were a betting man, I'd stay far away from this game, and I feel like flipping a coin for these more casual purposes. I'm very, very, very slightly leaning Falcons, because of the home field advantage.

Onto the AFC. Gotta pick the Steelers. Another game I wouldn't want to bet on, but they're the better team, they're a bit healthier (Polamalu, in particular, probably benefited from that week off), they're at home, and they've won the majority of recent games, even if most of them have been close, and when they've lost it's been because Roethlisberger wasn't playing.

And yeah, surprise surprise, I'm going Patriots in the last game. I'd love, love, love to be wrong (sorry Mike. ), granted. I sure hope I am.

Re: Falcons/Packers

I really think this depends on Mularkey's play calling. If he comes out like he did against Baltimore calling some aggresive down field plays I think Atlanta will be just fine but, if he is dead set on this establish the run play book then we might be in trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I think we need to run the ball early and often, but if it doesn't work PLEASE don't pull a Singletary and run draw plays down the middle while down by a couple scores in the 3rd quarter.

If they let Matt Ryan establish a rhythm and get settled down, I think Atlanta will be just fine.

Seahawks
Falcons
Steelers
Patriots

I can't believe how many people are picking the Seahawks. I bet we'll lose by at least 20. I bet the line is at least 10 right now. Foolish mortals...

I haven't really seen much of Atlanta and can't be sure how good their pass rush is, but it better be good, because Rodgers looks like a guy who can lead a team right to the Super Bowl. I don't think he'll win it because the AFC looks superior to me in every way but still, in the NFC, right now, he looks awfully good.

So, I'm going chalk with the exception of the Atl/GB game.

Bears
Green Bay
New England
Pittsburgh

Troy being healthy will be such a huge difference. And he is pretty healthy isn't he Chris? It's really astounding the difference when he's out there and when he's not out there.

Nice, should be a great game. No way Atlanta really opens things up a ton though, yeah? They are a running team for the most part and then they take their shots later for the most part don't they?

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I dont think the Seahawks will be pushovers, though i do think their chances lie in Hasselbeck being able to stay in the game, as Julius Peppers will be T'en off on him all day.

The Bears have the better personell group from top to bottem, so really imo it's Jay Cutlers game to lose.

In the end, they do just enough in an ugly affair.

Bears 17-13

The Falcons have had a good year, and certainly its a nice bounce back for Matt Ryan. They tried really hard the last couple of weeks to spread the ball around to Douglas and Jenkins, but at the end of the Day, imo the Dirty birds are a run first, run often team that relies much too heavily on Roddy White, who will be wearing Charles Woodson all afternoon.

When i look at the SoS, I have to say im pretty uderwelmed but the Falcons record, and i don't see this as being particularly close.

Packers 27-14

Game of the week imo is the Rubber match between the Steelers and the Ravens.

Look for some early trickery with Randle El, plus a whole lotta mendehall and a pile of shots downfield to Wallace, who in his second year has firmly established himself among the top 10 at his position.

Smashmouth Football, but Steelers D wins the Turnover battle, Big Ben capitalizes and the Steelers win by 10.

Steelers 24-14

Jets and the Pats in the other rubber match finds New England with a revitalized running attack, though i've read mixed reports as to the availability of Danny Woodhead.

Extremely difficult to pick against a rested Brady at Foxboro, but i'm doing it anyway. I like the Jets Balance, and unless the Pats get off to a quick 2 score lead, the Jets should be able to grind it out.

Jets 24-21

On a side note, Rookie of the year imo should be Offense: Sam Bradford, and in a dead heat between Suh and McCourty, Suh wins.

Alright, alright I suppose I'll unveil my picks.

Seattle- only and only because the Bears are NOT who we thought they were. Chicago has been vastly overrated all year and quite honestly haven't beaten anybody worth writing home about aside from GB and Philly (whom GB defeated twice this year, might I add).

Green Bay- this game can go either way, and I say the winner here takes the momentum into the Super Bowl.

Pittsburgh- Just too tough at home to be quite honest. While the Defenses may be a push, I trust Pitt's O more than Baltimores.

New England- How I'm wrong here, but the Pats have looked to good all year to quit showing up now.

Heh. I'll bet PW will get a kick out of this video comparing two different beer cup sizes at Qwest Field:
Ha, yeah, the sports radio guys were all over that already, pretty funny. The Seahawks, of course, have tried to distance themselves from the whole thing as much as they can and rightly so, because they don't run the concession stands at the stadium. Greed really knows now bounds apparently.

A system of cells interlinked
Hahaha - that's gold.