The Hulk

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I heard that this film is supposed to resemble a greek tragedy.

That coupled with the fact that I've been waiting for this film to hit the big screen forever makes me feel as though I cannot wait to see this film.

I'm not much of a Hulk fan, but I do admit, the movie looks pretty cool.

why do you think eric bana didn t fit the hulk role, do u guys think he was miscast? and why did the movie bomb at the box office

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
As usual, his ears were a constant distraction.

The final fight opponent was an apparition who absorbed energy, or something along those lines. I didn't care for that ending. I did see it in the theatre. The highlights at the time were the new green guy on-screen technology and Connelly. Worldwide it was considered a financial success.

In the Beginning...
Say what you want about this film, but I think one aspect is rather brilliant: Ang Lee knew his audiences were coming to see the big green guy, so he deliberately held off the reveal and made the first 45 minutes really slow and tedious, just building that tension to a fever pitch, so that when he finally does change you're already sort of pissed off too. I remember feeling that way, which made the ensuing release so cathartic. I was like, "Yessss, destroy everythinggggg!"

The Incredible Hulk (the 2008 reboot) was far better received, but it just didn't stick with me like the 2003 film did. It didn't evoke that same catharsis and the depictions of the Hulk's anger weren't as memorable. It's just a mindless paint-by-numbers action film.