Your favorite scene

Tools    

Radioactive Spider Blood
The scene in Airplane! where the Doctor (Leslie Nielsen) is describing the effects of eating the tainted fish and, as he is describing them, them taking place on the pilot.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Rock God
EVERY scene in airplane! do you like leslie nielsen movies, too? i think they're awesome. the naked gun movies are some of the coolest comedies i've ever seen.

DR. RUMACK (Leslie Nielsen): All right. Now we know what we're up against. Every passenger on this plane who had fish for dinner will become violently ill in the next half hour.

ELAINE DICKENSON (Julie Hagerty): Just how serious is it?

DR. RUMACK: Extremely serious. It starts with a slight fever, dryness of the throat. As the virus penetrates the red blood cells, the victim becomes dizzy, begins to experience an itching, a rash. From there the poison goes to work on the central nervous system, causing severe muscle spasms, followed by the inevitable drooling. At this point, the entire digestive system collapses, accompanied by uncontraollable flatulence. Until finally the poor bastard is reduced to a quivering, wasted piece of jelly.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Rock God
no way in hell you memorized that.

Rock God
sometimes i question your true knowledge of trivia, that's all... anyone would agree that it's cheating to throw in a dvd and act like you know everything. and these dates you seem to have an encyclopic knowledge of? maybe you're just looking them up in another window! HA! lol... i'm just messing with you... it's all good.

You want to challenge me to a movie trivia game? Let's go, man. I'll play you on movie release dates any day, any time, anywhere, sans IMDb, in a glass isolation booth with the answers kept hermetically sealed in a jelly jar on Funk and Wagnall's back porch.

I posted the dialogue from Airplane! because it's funny, because I could easily get to it, and I thought Hyper (and others) might enjoy it. I wasn't popping in a DVD to make it seem like I knew everything, that's simply YOUR take on my quotation.

But, again, posting correct information and using available resources is not me trying to prove I know everything, it's just the way I write. Anyone who takes it as a personal affront, that's their problem-o, not my intent (do I have to say this every two weeks?).

I know you're just bustin' my balls a little in this instance, and I'm not responding to that, but rather to anyone who thinks you're only half kidding (and since it keeps coming up)

But at least you got ONE thing right: it is all good.

[Edited by Holden Pike on 10-17-2001]

Radioactive Spider Blood
Airplane! is one of the greatest movies ever made. Everytime I watch it, I see something I haven't seen before.

It's nonstop entertainment.

Now With Moveable Parts
Holden,Holden,Holden...I used to be really bothered by you...I don't know why,but I changed my mind.I guess I sorta use you as a way to answer my movie questions,which you do,and accurately.It's kinda nice; once I got used to it.I like that you bring the right dates and names and SPELLING of names...Lord only knows my spelling is horrible *well you guys all know it too.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Holden's a resourceful chap, and I had a few nasty words with him at one time, but I like the guy now. Very helpful.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Rock God
it's cool. holden is our personal encyclopedia. it's sort of weird that anyone knows that many film copyright dates, but it's very useful, i agree. plus, holden's a cool guy. we just like to tease.

Now With Moveable Parts
Brodie...I don't think you're being entirely honest...I think you just like to tease...but tease with your tongue in your cheek.

Rock God
holden's a cool guy! i pride myself on being a trivia buff, so i actually respect someone who knows that much. sure, it's kind of irritating to be corrected that much, but as our resident encyclopedia, that's his job it doesn't matter that much, anyway.

Now With Moveable Parts
uh-huh...*tongue-in-cheek* you're right.

I can pretend that things last.
The mirror scene in Duck Soup in my opinion is the best scene(favourite)I've watched.

All Marx Brothers notable scenes are v good.

The Trench Run inside Death Star in Star Wars.
The duel betwee father and son in Empire Strikes Back.
The Jabba escape in Return of the Jedi.

The final shootout in High Noon.

The countless scenes in Buster Keaton movies.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yea! Another Marx Brothers fan! I grew up on their movies.Man,those guys are buck-nutty! Harpo is my fav.I love the scenes where he's chasing women around.

A novel adaptation.
Of the Marx Brothers scenes I've seen, I've gotta' say my favorite is from the unforgettable duck soup. Everyones going over a map, and discussing the names on it. Watch closely though, if you watch their hands, you'll notice that they spend the entire scene giving the camera the middle finger. A level above, man.

All time favorite scene, I don't know...
probably the entirety of The Graduate, although, that's really a cop out if there ever was one, so I'll single out the lobby scene. It's hilarious the way Ben handles himself, when he's talking to Buck Henry...
Are you here for an affair, sir?
Trying to get out of talking to the hosts of the party without having to explain himself...
I'll find your table in a moment. Braddock. Not Braniff? We have a Braniff.
And finally, his meeting with Mrs. Robinson...
The room number, Benjamin. I think you ought to tell me that.

I think what gets me, is that Benjamin is so incredibly nervous, that he's really just reacting to everyone.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
There is the one scene that can not be called, under any standards, as second best. All of these scenes are GOOD scenes. But the BEST scene is without a doubt the "We've Taken Aquba" ("He likes your lemonade") scene from "Lawrence of Arabia".

Simple as that.

The film is full of "#1 of all time"s actually, also containing the number one jump cut of all time. "It's going to be fun...."
I would argue that the Gone With the Wind scene when the camera is on a crane and pulls up revealing the bodies piling in as Scarlett wades through them looking for a doctor is the greatest scene of all time

I would also agrue (though im not decided on this one) that the jump scene from 2001 with the monkey throwing the bone up in the air, revealing a space ship has it beat.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I'm sure that the whole best jump cut of all time has been argued before. Check the date of my post, alright?

Sigh.