That's right, Jim Mora, we're talking about playoffs

Tools    

By the way: the line seems to have settled at Green Bay by 2.5 in most places (3 in a couple of others). If it stays at 2.5, it'll be the closest Super Bowl spread in 29 years, and tied for the second-closest of all-time.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Well I'm down if there is a Steeler counterpart that dares bet against me. ( i haven't been wrong in these playoffs yet)

So while i am an NFL agnostic, won't it be fun shutten me the hell up?

Sure would be sweet if we get the same kind of game that we got the last time these teams played. Although if Pittsburgh were to lose this time I wouldn't complain, you guys have won enough already.

You'd think so, and yet my hunger for more winning appears to be insatiable. That, and three Super Bowls in six years probably has to be categorized as a dynasty of sorts, and it almost immediately punches Big Ben's Hall of Fame entry ticket.

Funny thing about the last game you referenced: I missed almost all of it! I was traveling home from my then-fiance's hometown. I caught the very end of the game while waiting for a plane.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I just cannot get into Pro Football during the regular season anymore because I'm a Homey so I have nobody to root for, which I find far more than a bit pathetic. Even so, I have again watched this year's playoffs, and based, especially on yesterday, it looks pretty good for the Super Bowl.

I guess I have to say, "Go Packers, but I ain't no Cheesehead!"

Yeah, I know there've been some false starts (hee!), but I think it'll happen. Too much money on the line, and the issue of games being blacked out in places like San Diego and Jacksonville was a huge, huge story. Too much money sitting on the table not to happen, methinks. Here's hoping you guys get one.

7thson said he'd match the Steeler side if you wanted to get in on the avatar bet. I think we'd have to pick something not necessarily Steeler or Packer related for you, since you don't have strong allegiances to either as far as I can tell. Maybe you can just tell us what you wouldn't want us to choose?

Quick homer gripe: not only did Mike Tomlin not win Coach of the Year...he didn't even receive a single vote! This is after losing his star QB for four games, putting up with all the distractions around him, suffering devastating losses on the offensive line, yet still going 12-4 and returning to the Super Bowl. Seriously?

From what I understand, the voting is conducted before the playoffs, so I imagine it'd be a bit different if it took place a bit more recently. All the same, that was still a really impressive regular season. I didn't think Tomlin would win, but I definitely expected him to get a few votes.

I will make same argument for McCarthy, 16 players on the IR including a starting running back, linebacker, and tight end. And despite all of this, being a 6 seed with no home field advantage and we're in the Super Bowl.

I was outraged when I heard Belichik had won the award.

Yeah, I'll echo that, our very temporary hatred of each other's team aside. I think both deserved consideration. I don't hate the idea of Belichik winning or anything, but it seems like there were several really exceptional candidates, some of which got basically no support at all. Weird.