Getting into the horror genre...

Tools    

Legend in my own mind
4 Lions is superb. So funny. "Rubber dingy rapids bro"

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Crying laughing just looking at the trailer for the 100th time.

Another little tv show that was an internet sensation was Stranger Things. I didnt think I'd like it but gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised. I think there re a few jumpies in the finale for the season but the 80s nostalgia really hooked me. My only gripe is Winona Ryder's acting rubs me up the wrong way

4 Lions is superb. So funny. "Rubber dingy rapids bro"
Mashallah, brother crow.

Troll Hunter is excellent. I love that film.

The Babadook, Orphan and Entity (2012) are great horror ideas.

I'll also recommend The Eclipse (2009), which is a supernatural thriller, as well as the American remake of The Ring, which I think is better than the original.

And finally, you can't really go wrong with The Entity (1982).

Wasnt troll hunter great, See. And yeah, no surprises that I love Babdaook and Jennifer Kent.

I'll give a few spread out in a few posts over a few days, if that's not too annoying. I'm just a kind of tired and want to mull a bit.

High Tension
Inside

Wasnt troll hunter great, See. And yeah, no surprises that I love Babdaook and Jennifer Kent.
Are you calling me See? I like that . Oh, it was fantastic. I watched it at Christmas a few years ago – no snow sadly – and it was right up my street. Great monsters and Norway looks incredible. There's a nice Blu-ray extra of stills where it was so easy to see faces in the rocks; really caught my imagination.

I'll give a few spread out in a few posts over a few days, if that's not too annoying. I'm just a kind of tired and want to mull a bit.

High Tension
Inside
I couldnt watch Inside for some reason. Might be a bit extreme for a newby to horror genre but I cant remember.

Are you calling me See? I like that . Oh, it was fantastic. I watched it at Christmas a few years ago – no snow sadly – and it was right up my street. Great monsters and Norway looks incredible. There's a nice Blu-ray extra of stills where it was so easy to see faces in the rocks; really caught my imagination.
LOL everyone gets a nic in my cyber world. I;m lazy.

Troll Hunter was great for me because I loved three billy goats gruff as a kid. Not a big fan of anthology style but I thought they did that well.

LOL everyone gets a nic in my cyber world. I;m lazy.

Troll Hunter was great for me because I loved three billy goats gruff as a kid. Not a big fan of anthology style but I thought they did that well.
Oh yes, it wouldn't have been the same without the bridge scene .

I feel the need for a rewatch.

I feel the need for a rewatch.
Mm. And I've got In the Hall of the Mountain King running through my head.

Oh, Monsters is another really good film, with horror elements. Liked that very much.

Mm. And I've got In the Hall of the Mountain King running through my head.

Oh, Monsters is another really good film, with horror elements. Liked that very much.
LOL. My favourite classicl music piece when I ws a kiddly

LOL. My favourite classicl music piece when I ws a kiddly
I love Grieg, and Prokofiev.

I love how well beautiful classicl music goes with horror.

I love how well beautiful classicl music goes with horror.
Yeah it does, maybe because of the ultimate contrast between horror and beauty. I keep forgetting the title, but the choice of music at the end of Prometheus was excellent – actually I think it may have also been used for Hannibal Lecter at some stage.

Yeah it does, maybe because of the ultimate contrast between horror and beauty. I keep forgetting the title, but the choice of music at the end of Prometheus was excellent – actually I think it may have also been used for Hannibal Lecter at some stage.
The score in Hannibal (tv version) was a character all on its own.

If you want something really light and relaxing, I recommend Cannibal Holocaust.