What is your favorite Michael Mann film?

Tools    

There's probably too many Michael Mann films to make a poll out of this, so I'm going to ask the question:

My personal favorite: The Last of the Mohicans. Excellent performances, great scenery, intense battle sequences, much better romance than Star Wars, and an epic musical score.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
For me, it's Manhunter.

Hm!

Between HEAT and Last Of The Mohicans...............Ill say Heat. Pacino & DeNiro together being used properly. Maybe the last great performance either did.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Of what I've seen:

1. Miami Vice
2. Blackhat
3. Public Enemies
4. Manhunter
5. Heat
6. Collateral
7. Thief

All of these are pretty good with the top 3 all being some of the best from the past decade

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Manhunter, The Last of the Mohicans and Thief.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1. Heat
2. Collateral
3. Ali
4. Miami Vice
5. Public Enemies

Suspect's Reviews

I had to imdb him and those were the ones that came up
I didnt check for producer lol i DID know aviator was a scorsese film though i just didnt think about it when i saw it listed!

There's probably too many Michael Mann films to make a poll out of this, so I'm going to ask the question:

My personal favorite: The Last of the Mohicans. Excellent performances, great scenery, intense battle sequences, much better romance than Star Wars, and an epic musical score.
I saw a clip a few months ago and the romantic part looked very good – but then it usually is with Mann. I liked it in Heat in particular.

My favourite's probably Manhunter; and, I also like The Keep, despite its many problems.

Just checked out his IMDB page and I have to admit I haven't seen a lot of his work, but from what I've seen, Collateral would definitely be my favorite. I also have to give a shout out to The Insider abd the TV movie The Jericho Mile. And I can't leave here without mentioning that Miami Vice was a big ol' mess.

And I can't leave here without mentioning that Miami Vice was a big ol' mess.
It wasn't the best, but kudos for getting Gong Li .

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Manhunter is the best.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Heat
Manhunter
Collateral
Thief

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Great question! My personal favourite Director.

The following have legendary status for me;

Thief
Manhunter
Last of the Mohicans
The Insider
Heat

If I had to pick one I think I have to go for The Insider.

Even just behind those are some truly great films

Collateral
Ali (don't get the hate, fantastic film)
Public Enemies

Everything else he has done is a bit forgettable after that. Black Hat such a disappointment, what a ****ing mess,