73.33%
11 votes
Mel Gibson
26.67%
4 votes
Tom Hardy
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

( o_o)

I love that quote. I'm "taste damaged". That's really special.

Ignoring your casual assertion of English superiority I offer you a counter-argument:

Tom Hardy (Locke) > Mel Gibson (Mad Max) > Tom Hardy (Mad Max)

What, a good actor can't turn in a forgettable role? I bet Tom Hardy would have made a fine Mad Max, but Fury Road didn't give him anything to work with. That's not a strike against Tom Hardy, that's a strike against the script for maligning it's main character.
I havent seen Locke yet, but all the Hardy roles I have seen the guys a chameleon.

Now you do like to challenge others opinions frequently, and Im just saying be glad youre not always right. There is a WHOLE LOTTA film and performances you havent had a chance to see yet, and youd be missing out or worse, stunted, if you disregard things because of an opinion pre-made.

Youre right that Hardy wasnt given the dialogue or lines that Gibson had, but ....he sold it better. Ill be the first to admit Mel is more likable and charismatic, but Hardy came off as crazy. Mel didnt sell it and Hardy had less to work with and did. Thats the difference between the twos level of craft. Mels a movie star, Hardys an actor.

Now you do like to challenge others opinions frequently, and Im just saying be glad youre not always right.
( o_o)

Originally Posted by TONGO
There is a WHOLE LOTTA film and performances you havent had a chance to see yet, and youd be missing out or worse, stunted, if you disregard things because of an opinion pre-made.
Way to be condescending while painting a target on your forehead.

I've seen both incarnations of Mad Max. That single comparison is the extent of this whole thread. Using performances in OTHER MOVIES as justification for your decision is bias.

Originally Posted by TONGO
Youre right that Hardy wasnt given the dialogue or lines that Gibson had, but ....he sold it better. Ill be the first to admit Mel is more likable and charismatic, but Hardy came off as crazy. Mel didnt sell it and Hardy had less to work with and did. Thats the difference between the twos level of craft. Mels a movie star, Hardys an actor.
The thread is not "Who's the Best Actor?", it's "Who's the Best Mad Max?".

Besides, you act like Mel Gibson can't pull off crazy.

Let's be honest, Mad Max isn't about Max being mad it's about everyone around him being mad.

Way to be condescending while painting a target on your forehead.

I've seen both incarnations of Mad Max. That single comparison is the extent of this whole thread. Using performances in OTHER MOVIES as justification for your decision is bias.
What? Im not gonna "dumb down" from an actors ability to decide who is better. For what Hardy had to do he did it brilliantly, so did Mel. Theyre both awesome! I just gave Hardy the nod cause hes a stronger actor. Most people agree with you, but if Hardy does 2 more Mad Maxes, most people wont. Imo

What? Im not gonna "dumb down" from an actors ability to decide who is better.
>_> It's not dumbing down, it's limiting your answer to the cases presented.

If you're in a jury to decide whether a man is guilty of robbing a grocery store or not, you don't vote "innocent" because his kids play with your kids over the weekend.

For what Hardy had to do he did it brilliantly, so did Mel. Theyre both awesome! I just gave Hardy the nod cause hes a stronger actor. Most people agree with you, but if Hardy does 2 more Mad Maxes, most people wont. Imo
If Hardy's pushed to the side again, I doubt it. Whether Hardy can outdo Gibson in a sequel remains to be seen.