I can't find a Photo that fits.

Tools    

I've been here for a few months now and want to get a bit more involved in the discussion. Sadly, when trying to customize my profile, i cant seem to find a profile pic that fits the format. I've tried before and tried to fit the requirements, but it just doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me please?

To clarify, Rodent's talking about avatars. If that's what you mean by profile pic, then he's correct re: size, though you can upload a larger one and it can resize it for you. If, on the other hand, you mean profile banners (the really large image displayed at the top of each profile), then the size is 960x315, but you don't have to upload anything that size--it'll take whatever you give it and either blow it up or shrink it down until it fills that space. And if it's bigger than that size, it'll give you an opportunity to crop it. Common problems involve uploading something that's roughly square, since it'll be zoomed in to fill the space and you'll only see the top part. Look for something roughly rectangular (like a widescreen movie still, not coincidentally) and you'll have better luck.

Mostly, it'd be helpful if you would elaborate on what you mean by "doesn't seem to work." Do you get an error? If so, what is it? If not, what exactly isn't working? Et cetera.

Also, I've moved this to Movie Forums Site Stuff. Movie Questions is for questions about forgotten movies.

With some picture programmes, when you open a picture, you can then save it in a different format. As said, try jpg.

As to size, just keep reducing it till it is accepted.