What is this movie friends!! (Elevator Shaft)

Tools    

"Lady Sif and the Warriors Three"
Hello all, I apologize for having such little info but we're all cinephiles so I'm sure you will know! When I was really young my dad was watching a movie and I vaguely remember one part. There were a few guys in a room with a big elevator shaft that had a big flat elevator in it. It wasn't enclosed or anything, just a big utility elevator. One of the guys rode the elevator up a little and then jumped down, exposing the shaft and a long drop. They were threatening to throw a man down there or something if he didn't give them something they needed if I'm remembering correctly. It looked like an 80s film to me. Sorry again but I NEED TO SEE THIS! It has always been in my memory, thanks!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The only movie that comes to mind from that time period with that type of elevator is Day of the Dead, but other than the elevator it has no similarities with your description, just thought I would throw this out there, also most of those type of elevators do not have big or long elevator shafts....

Superman The Movie? Luthor threatens Otis.

Luthor has some sort of fierce animal at the bottom of what looks like an elevator shaft. You can't see the creature, you can only hear it growling and snarling and Otis is looking pretty scared.

Thanks guys, no dice yet though. I know they were using the shaft to threaten somebody though. Maybe they would through somebody down and smash them, I'm not sure. It wasn't superheros or super-villains, it was just regular men in a warehouse type building. Thanks guys.

Hello Will 14. The movie you are looking for sounds a lot like "The Hot Rock" from 1972. I have it in my DVD collection.

On the subject of a user name of Will 14, does anyone know what happened to a very active operator on this movie questions board for years called will 15? He hasn't posted here for many many months!

DUDE! THAT WAS IT! Thank you so much man, I can't believe that I've relived the scene now. Everybody talks about will 15, he must be infamous/

Your welcome will. That movie is quite far fetched in many respects, but it's good for a laugh in many of the scenes.