First Update From Kently!

Tools    

Got this email this morning...

Hey-
I'm Amy...one of Kent's friends. He wrote me the other day and in one of his letters he asked me if I would email you and tell you how how he was doing in the Navy. I've got several letters from him so far. He seems to be liking it and all..but, I imagine it's alot of tough work. But, He just wanted to let you know everything was going good. Talk to ya lata
~*Amy*~
I told her to please pass along anything he wants to send us, and that we're all quite curious as to how he's doing. It's indirect, but hey, I'm just glad to hear from the guy.

I'm touched that he went to the trouble of telling a friend how to gt in contact with you Chris, and then in turn us. It's very 'Kent', a very 'Kent' thing to do. Whatta guy.

Amen to all that.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
So, for all the late comers to the show...Who`s Kent and why do you miss him so?

Kent is spudracer, the second-most prolific poster in this site's history. He was Co-Admin with me here (his loyalty and dedication to this site is amazing, really) for awhile. He left for the Navy recently...he's been gone for about a month and we're not likely to see him around here again for a couple months more, unfortunately. A very well-liked individual, as I'm sure you gathered.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Thanks for filling me in Yoda.
Yep, I am familiar with Spudracer ...he was the first guy I had chittychat with when I originally joined back in April.
I also spent 2 hours reading the MoFo Picture topic last night (great thread btw) and checking out everyones mugshots...you can get a pretty good idea of individual personalities by checking through back threads like that .
He definately came across as a genuine nice guy...hope he finds what he`s looking for in the Navy.

I believe Chris said Spud was going to check in sometime October. I guess they'll be lotsa' traffic and lotsa' new PM's for him to read. I hope that if he happens to get sent to Aghanistan, he'll capture Osama Bin Chicken and win enough money to fulfill the dream of the MoFo cruise!!

Even though I don't know him, from everything I read, I felt like doing this when Chris told me he was leaving:

i would say the same thing but i dont think he would accept aussie dollars, because my multi-million dollar bounty would probably be converted to twenty cents

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hey guys, wouldn't you know it...they have internet access here at the base.

Well, here's what has happened thus far,

On Friday, the 6th, I graduate from Boot Camp..

On the 12th, I go to school for a couple of weeks then I get to come home. All the while, I'm up here in the Chicago area.

On October 22nd I must report to my duty station, Yokosuka, Japan, where I'll be on the USS Kitty Hawk, an aircraft carrier.

I should be able to check the site more and more over the next few weeks as my time here is pretty much over.

Just thought I would let you guys know what was going on...

If you have my "snail" mail address, please don't send any mail because I don't know if I'll get it.

Spudly...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Kick-a**! Good to hear from ya', Kently! We've all missed ya', and even though you've only been gone a month and a half, some stuff's definitely happened. Signs was awesome, for one.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, so I heard, ya lucky bastards...

I hope I get to see it soon, probably not though.

Oh well, I'm having a blast here in good ole Great Lakes, Ill.

I'm planning on making many more visits here over the next few days just to check up on you guys...

Did the guys at boot camp give you a hard time? I bet you have some funny stories from your boot camp expierience.

Spudly?
Oh Lordy.

The last couple of days just keep getting weirder and weirder around here!

Awesoma power!

Let it flow, let the Hatred,
Let the Hatred flow!

This is cool Kent.
Have you developed, matured, aged?
Are you wiser now? Would you take a bullet for your sidekicks?
What's the scoop?

The only person I'll take a bullet for is Bill Gates, so afterward he'll give me a reward...