I Am Legend 2

Tools    

Apprantly, on IMDB I was searching for I Am Legend and I happened to come across a page titled with I Am Legend 2. Now anyone who has seen the ending to I Am Legend knows that there's no way there can be a sequel. It won't let me see much of anything on IMDB b/c I'm not a member but it's supposedly in development.

The only way there could be a sequel is if the sequel goes by the alternate ending which I haven't seen yet. Rumors say in the alternate ending he
WARNING: "DANGER SPOILER" spoilers below
doesn't die.

Welcome to the human race...
If anything...

WARNING: "I am Legend 1" spoilers below
...it will probably have something to do with the small community of survivors that were shown at the very end of the first movie.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Since when is IMDB a reliable source? Have I missed something?

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I just checked, and there is a link for I am Legend 2, and it's slated for a 2010 release. So yeah, it may not be reliable until you check somewhere else.

Yeah, don't they have about 5,000 movies "in production" too, and nothing ever comes of them either.

A sequel based on the community they find at the end trying to cure the infected would be a great movie. Keep Will SMith out. He was great in the original but you can get an entire new cast with big names that where already at the community. Think about it they can then make a prequel based on the new heroes and how they survived etc...

With the DVD hitting stores it is no longer old news as it is revised news... Kind of like the war in Iraq... No one talks about soldiers dying over there till we hit 4000 and boom it is all over the news like it is something we didn't know about...

With the DVD hitting stores it is no longer old news as it is revised news... Kind of like the war in Iraq... No one talks about soldiers dying over there till we hit 4000 and boom it is all over the news like it is something we didn't know about...
ok....revised old news

Nice, the first movie was so lame because there was no ending.. i hope they don't screw this up!!!

WE ARE LEGEND is the rumored title.. Cant be for sure and yes IMDB is so unreliable.. for the past year it has changed year after year on sequel titles, which are only rumors..

Fighting the curse
So far, has there been any actual credit sources for this other than rumors?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Could there be another as Will Smith died in the end? I loved the first film and Smiths performance was awsome. But a sequel will it work? I doubt it.

Thats what Im thinking.. How can they actually make a successful sequel? Like Cloverfield, this is really hard to make happen, and will probally ruin Will Smith's performance.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Definatly my point, if a sequel is made and if its crap (like its probably going to be) then people are going to remember that the sequel is pants and it will definatly reflect on to Smiths preformance in the first film. Why cant movie bosses/writers/ptoducers come up with some new ideas and stop making remakes/sequels!

Well everybody loves remakes and sequels.. For example, The Dark Knight was one of the most successful remakes, and Terminator 2 was the best sequel.. Of course, I know what you mean.. You like remakes and sequels, but you hate the ones that suck, because that makes the first film look like crap..

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Yeah I agree as ive said there are some fantastic sequels as you mentioned one of my all time favs Terminator 2, but im still unconvinced why people like sequels so much, its always a gamble as it good ruin a film or even series ie matrix 3

Dissapearing Pen Trick is #1
Oh, please don't make a sequel to I Am Legend....that movie was a complete letdown....It doesn't follow the books or previous movies based on it. It just goes off on it's on little plot and ends it with the traditional....

WARNING: "My Rant on I Am Legend...Which Includes SPOILERS!!!! OMG!" spoilers below

Hollywood Happy Ending!!!! Would have been better if the cgi was more believable and they eased into it more, instead of having his house attcked by cgi. I mean I've done research on the story and the former humans are suppose to be vampires. In traditional vampire stories, the vampire is the legend, but now that Will Smith is the only surviving human and he is kidnapping vampires while they sleep...Will Smith has become the hated human legend in the vampire society. Pretty much the roles get reveresed. But nope, we are going to have Will Smith be the good guy, while having the former humans turn to sadistic killers trying to kill Will.

Sorry about the rant...once i get typing, sometimes I can't stop...