Game of Thrones Season 3

Tools    

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/ro...s-mace-tyrell/

Solid casting for Mace. King's Landing is literally stuffed to the brim with good actors right now, and we'll probably be spending a whole lot of time there this season.

In the Beginning...
Yeah, not bad. Hugh Bonneville would have been my pick, since that's who I pictured when reading. But he's already on Downton Abbey, so I knew it wouldn't be him.

Now we know Mark Gatiss isn't playing Mace Tyrell. Hmmm...

My only gripe is that he is a bit too old, but it's whatevz. I'm sure he'll be awesome. My picks for Mace were Brendan Gleeson or Jim Broadbent... and Paul Giamatti. I would literally kill to have Gleeson or Broadbent on the show.

In the Beginning...
http://winteriscoming.net/2013/08/joseph-gatt-cast/

It appears that Banshee and Star Trek Into Darkness actor Joseph Gatt has won a role in the fourth season of Game of Thrones.

The casting was discovered by WiC commenter The Rabbit, who spotted the announcement on the news page of Robert Kelly Associates, the actor’s agency. (The casting announcement has been deleted since the initial discovery.) Gatt’s Facebook page reveals that he has just wrapped filming in Iceland, and will be appearing in four episodes total.

We have reached out to HBO for official confirmation of the casting.

Ours is the Fury: Fans have been speculating that Gatt may be playing Styr, given he mostly fits the description of the wildling leader. With a four episode role and such a striking appearance, it seems like a strong possibility.
He could also be playing CH.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Did they recast the guy who played The Mountain in the 1st season or are they keeping that place-holder from season 2?(Spoilers) That RV vs. Mountain fight was insane in the books.

In the Beginning...
It's probably still Ian Whyte's role. Conan Stevens (first season) left due to scheduling reasons, so it's unlikely they would fire his replacement so he could return... even though Stevens is perfect and Whyte is embarrassingly wrong.

If you read Ian Whyte's page on the Game of Thrones Wiki, you'll see that his approach of making Gregor Clegane "emotionless" is actually sanctioned by director David Nutter. Frankly, I think it's just all wrong. His depiction in the first season was flawless. Whyte's Gregor is just boring.

That's a shame. The Mountain was so menacing and fierce when we saw him in season 1. He was like in only one scene but his presence was definitely felt. Well I'm sure the fight will still turn out epic even with Ian Whyte as Gregor Clegane.

In the Beginning...
Daario, The Mountain, amd Tommen have all been recast.
Here's the article.

I'm glad to see they recast the Mountain with someone who actually looks menacing and dangerous. Ian Whyte, the guy they used the past couple seasons was just a stick with a beard. I still maintain that Conan Stevens (first season) was just perfect.

Daario is still not right. The kid looks too young and seems kinda scrawny. I hope they really buff him out or at least make him look a little more roguish. The role still has the "pretty boy" syndrome.

Also, interestingly, Dean-Charles Chapman already played Martyn Lannister last season, though most people probably won't notice that he's now playing Tommen.

Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis

Hafþór “Thor” Björnsson as Ser Gregor Clegane

Dean-Charles Chapman as Tommen Baratheon

Also, Hoji Fortun (below) has joined the cast, but his role is being kept secret. He's reportedly filming in Croatia, which would put him in King's Landing or with Daenerys and company. Possibly Jalabhar Xho?

Finally, Joseph Gatt is confirmed as playing Styr, the Magnar of Thenn.

^Thanks for the heads up. Season 4 is going to be phenomenal. Some of the very best parts of ASOS are going to be there. I'm a bit worried for the rest of the seasons though. Hope George finishes his books in time.

Hoji has only been cast as a minor role at most, apparently.

Mark Gatiss is playing Tycho Nestoris (introducing him early, but I can understand why)

Noah Taylor as Locke will be returning and is supposedly going to the wall

In the Beginning...
Mark Gatiss is playing Tycho Nestoris (introducing him early, but I can understand why)
Interesting. Probably a good idea to introduce him a bit earlier, I agree. I'm guessing he'll pop up toward the middle/end of Season 4, though. And while Mark Gatiss doesn't strike me as particularly "Braavosi," on personality and demeanor it feels like a great cast.

Noah Taylor as Locke will be returning and is supposedly going to the wall
Weird. That's an interesting change. Not sure what the value is, unless they just like the character. Or...

WARNING: "Season 4" spoilers below
...they could be planning to include him in the mix of dissenters (Janos Slynt, Alliser Thorne) or even replace one of those guys, though I doubt that will happen. I'm guessing he'll serve as a thorn in Jon's side for the next couple seasons and may or may not meet his end there.

Kinda sad, though. Vargo Hoat goes out in spectacular fashion in the books. Seems like the creators wouldn't want to pass that opportunity up.

My guess is they're just trying to utilize a good actor in the role of agitator for since Orell was killed last season. Slynt and Thorne will also be present, as those actors have been confirmed for this season. Not sure what Locke's fate may be in the end though.

Also, the intro of Tycho this early (most likely so the general audience isn't confused when he shows up again, and maybe even help explain the context of the Iron Bank of Braavos in said situation) also makes me think that Braavos is probably going to end up playing a big role somehow eventually in these final two books.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I spent hours trying to place that kid whilst watching season 1. I'm usually good at remembering where I've seen them but this time I had to google it.