The Ups and Downs of Your Day Tab

Tools    

I didn't know that cow's had enough hair to wax. Or is for your tail?

extreme highlight......seeing that sir Toose is once again an active mother fuuuu....errr, i mean active Mofo.
i have been absent for a while too, and miss Mofo. keep trying to work it back into my routines.
always so great to feel like friends are here.

so toose, happy you are back.
chris....i have to read more about this job......
sades is okay isn't she?
i miss Holden, he'll never PM me.

Patti!

I thought you'd abandoned the board! My being here is a bigger highlight to me than it is to you, I assure you.

Sadie is fine...just absent for a bit... probably a long bit but nothing serious

Nice Avatar! For a sec. I thought you were Firegod. Where in all of flaming hell did you find that thing?

Highlights: pizza. Mmmm. Talkin' to Mir herself in real time! Talkin' to other buds in less-than-real (but no less enjoyable) time, too. Oh, and I got a video game in the mail today. It's called Intelligent Qube, and it's for the first PlayStation. It's pretty much the only game for that system I really dig, and the only reason I own a PS at all! It's rare, so it cost me around $50 including shipping, but its very, very worth it. Anyone else play this remarkable, strategic, addictive game?

Lowlights: roughly 12 hours sleep combined over the last two nights...I was nappin' on the couch a bit today. I should sleep well tonight. Between the lack of sleep, some humidity, some babysitting, as well as lots of food (pizza, breadsticks, and No Sugar Added ice cream), I'm about ready to pass the hell out.

mwaaahaaa haaaa, about ready to pass the hell out?
i can never just nap.......let alone really sit.......not from the time i get up at 6 or 6:30 till the time my little girl is asleep around 8:30. then i have my time......till i crash around 11 or 12.
i know people have longer days and work more than i do, but just being a solo parent .......every moment of every day, gets so exhausting......your brain never gets to rest. and it slowly erodes.

ahhh, the time of peace....she just now fell asleep.
sighhhhhhh, i can rest.....i can sit and my brain can rest.....no noise.......quiet......i crave quiet.

if i try to lie down or even sit and read......she is all over me like a cat on a newspaper.
ironically, if i am active, be it going out for a run or walk, she is delightful and great company, and actually quite mellow. the minute i stop being active, her energy surges.
she'll watch cartoons and hang, if i'm cleaning, or moving around.....but then if i try to sit or lie down next to your, she starts bouncing off the walls.

i have this "energy trade off" theory............

Highlight:

An e-mail from Chris that had my hair standing on end all the way back from Adelaide, all throughout my dinner and exercise and thus far and I know that our conversation will be a highlight. I was just grinning the moment I got it and I don't know why, technically nothing in it was brilliantly wonderful, just the aura surrounding it.

Another highlight was that we [being myself, my friend Dave, my friend Riley and a teacher who we all like] went to Adelaide [state capital] to take part in a fly filmmaking contest. We were given three sets of obligatory elements: topics, audio clips and visual clips and we had to choose one from each set of five to insert into our film. We chose the topic ...once, an audio clip of a swooshing sound and a picture of a girl with her eyes closed. We then shot a little stalker film in both black and white and colour and cut it together a little like Memento with a fantastic voice over monologue which we recorded in a parked car.

I love films!

Originally posted by Gracie
Nice Avatar! For a sec. I thought you were Firegod. Where in all of flaming hell did you find that thing?
I stole Firegod's and animated it... just having a little fun with him...

A novel adaptation.
Lowlight

Oh man, first day off of school, and I had a pounding headache for 6 hours.
Not the little sissy headaces either, where you can take some medicine and be done with it. This is the kind of headache that makes you vomit, and completely incapable of sleep, thanks to the throbbing pain.

I still feel awful.

Oh, and I got a video game in the mail today. It's called Intelligent Qube, and it's for the first PlayStation. It's pretty much the only game for that system I really dig, and the only reason I own a PS at all! It's rare, so it cost me around $50 including shipping, but its very, very worth it. Anyone else play this remarkable, strategic, addictive game?
You should have asked before you bought, I have two copies for my old PS, and would have gladly parted with one. I love the game though, I play it for hours on end, which could account for this mornings massive headache.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Highlights...Mucho Mucho Highlights...

Japan, Graduating Boot Camp, Getting back in touch with friends, getting to talk to my momma and papa, getting to talk to my nephew and sister.

Lowlights...

None...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

spud!!! i have been sending you e-mail/forwards but they have been coming back.
........wondered why.

glad to see you in Mofo.

Lowlight:

The tape heads in the digital camcorder we used in Adelaide were dirty and as a consequence, the tape with both the edited and raw footage from our film were chewed up, spat out -- utterly destroyed. Which is a shame as I hoped to do a second copy which could be used away from this specific contest.

Highlight:

An edited copy of the film still exists on one of the computers in Adelaide and we're hoping that we can get an exported copy all the same before they delete it. Thus the raw footage is still never to be recovered, but at least a copy of the film itself will survive.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Highlights: Just got back from Maine.

Lowlights: I'm sick as a dog, and I really didn't have too good of a time on my vacation. It was kinda sad. Also, nobody missed me while I was gone, which tells me a whole lot about how my life is going.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Lowlight:
Is no one alive anymore? Where are all the highlights and lowlights and such?

Highlight:
Last night I saw my first ever opera - La Boheme - sung in English. I was suprised I had never watched opera before; I loved it so much. I thought it was brilliant. Such a funny, extravagant, enjoyable thing.

Highlight:
I finally broke down and bought myself a laptop. My first one! I'm so excited! It has a DVD player, a CD burner, a 1.6ghz AMD Athlon... can't wait to go home and play with it.

Being back here also definitely qualifies as a highlight.

Lowlights:
None.

Highlight: i can jump and push off a wall like they do in the movies and i beat everyone in EXTREME Bin jumping and EXTREME school bag jumping!

Lowlight: i havent woken up yet

Highlights: got to see two semi-pro (Frontier League) games over the last two days. We saw the Washington Wild Things in their inaugural season taking on the Richmond Roosters in the first two games of the Frontier League Championship Series. They split 'em. Most fun I've had at any baseball game at any level, save for a game in Cleveland last year. Beat the hell outta most major league experiences I've had so far.

And, of course, settling into a new sort of rhythm over the last week or so.

Lowlights: car ride left me sick last night. Short on sleep.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Minor league baseball does kick the @ss of the major leagues hands down!

Highlights: Umm, not much, really. Watched the Sopranos, maybe.

Lowlights: Still sick, a leaky pipe in my apartment, stupid plumber left a huge hole in my ceiling, nothing to eat in the fridge but really old buffalo wings from dominos pizza