Anybody here an excercise nut? I have a question...

Tools    

this is going to sound dumb.. but really I am serious...

ok.. I have well.. umm.. large ta-ta's...
anyway...
because of this I have this little old lady hump thing goin on at the top of my back where my neck connects to my back, where I slouch over all the time.

My question is....
does walking HELP that?
I walk on my treadmill about 3-4 times a week. But it seems the days I walk that humpy slouchy thing is not there and I DO stand up starighter. Now I do some sort of excercise every day.. but only on the days I use my tread have I noticed it is not as bad.
my question is is walking on the treadmill making it better somehow.... or what is going on ...

I would like to know so I can do whatever it is more often... I hate not standing straight...

and if it is walking then HOW does that help I dont see how working my legs and my asses (yes I meant that to be plural... ) help my neck???????

Beware the Moon
Walking will indeed help as it primarily requires your body to adopt and maintain and erect posture in order to aleveate any pressure on your back. That is why it will ease the "hump thing" problem and any odd twinges you may feel from time to time.

The main problem in your everyday life, is that it is just too easy to slouch. whether it is while sat a computer or leaning on a counter/desk or something. Tai-Chi, Yoga and running will help, as will a concious effort by yourself to keep you shoulders back. (you might want to try standing upright with your back straight and with your arms straight by your side, rotate/make full circles with your shoulders. You should feel that working nicely) The latter becomes easier if you try working out with some weights. Taking some time out now and again to just stretch your muscles would be good for you too but as far as running goes, I would stick to a treadmill as it doesn't put as much pressure on your back or knees.

I hope that helps

Originally posted by Logan
Walking will indeed help as it primarily requires your body to adopt and maintain and erect posture in order to aleveate any pressure on your back. That is why it will ease the "hump thing" problem and any odd twinges you may feel from time to time.
Thanks Logan. I do 50 sit-ups every morning first thing, which KILLS my lower back, and try to do atleast 25 puch-ups (but I am a wimp in the arms department so this usually stops around 16 ) I still cant get rid of that just had a baby jelly roll thing going on down there. I love my treadmill though, throw on some headphones crank it up and go to town. Sometimes I'll watch a movie while on it but usually I just listen to a cd I made. Non-treadmill days I head to the Y, but I tend to not do much there, I always feel like people are staring at me....

The main problem in your everyday life, is that it is just too easy to slouch. whether it is while sat a computer or leaning on a counter/desk or something.
are you watching me... hehehehe.... yes elbow on desk fist under chin one handed typing I go.

Tai-Chi, Yoga and running will help, as will a concious effort by yourself to keep you shoulders back. (you might want to try standing upright with your back straight and with your arms straight by your side, rotate/make full circles with your shoulders.
Tai Chi? tried Tai Bo once but gravity took ahold of my chest during one of those ise to side punching things .. and well..... lets just say NOT pretty.

I bought a yoga for beginers tape also, put it in
and
during the warm up breathing excercises. which had you to layon your back and relax deep in deep out.. well I woke up the next morning.. hahahaha.... REALLY.

I do Do the back flat against wall thing while squatting and clinching the asses.. but that seems to more brun me legs then anything....

try working out with some weights
did that heavily back before baby #2. but I did notice that weights, instead of Lifting the breasts was making that muscle that on the sides of the neck (the one that makes body-builders have no neck) any way ... when that sucker started to get bigger I dropped weights all together.The last thing I want is to be hunched over with NO neck

anyway.. I guess I will start doing my tread everyday instead of every other. Maybe instead of pushups I'll do my tread.

Feel free to pass on any advice on getting rid of that little jelly roll thing goin on too... my daughter is almost 2 and its still there. 2 years of situps and JIGGLE JIGGLE.....

Anyhoo... let me hump over, pick up my a$$es and jiggle on to work.. see ya!

thanks again. I reeally appreciate it.

i'm a running freak and i can tell ya it is great for posture.....you have to run with the right form but it seems to just come naturally....head up, shoulders back and relaxed......heal to toe, heal to toe.

but running with big boobs isn't the easiest thing......you can wear a couple runing bras at once to make it more comfortable.
good to hear you like the treadmill.......i run outside all year round - pushing my four year old in a jogger stroller, but also use the treadmill at my gym.

what kind of music do you prefer to run to out of curiosity?

and as for any jiggling, ya gotta move it to lose it, so jiggle on.
and yeah, that ab work stuff helps too, but i hate doing those things.
my abs are incidental from running.

does your "Y" have any physical therapist/trainers? you should ask them about back strengthening moves cuz you can have chronic back pain if your chest is big.

i wouldnt say im an exersise nut, but i do push ups and sit ups and practise alot of fighting moves every second day, the only reason i do it is to mainly keep fit, but i also do it to learn how to protect myself. Aside from mainly exercising, thats all i do to keep fit, i eat anything i can find, the more fat the better, which is probably going to kill me by the age of twenty but i just love junk food. The only thing keeping me alive is the sit ups.

(soz for double post)
hey fire
try doing back arches, put your hands on the center of your back and push back as far as you can, than straighten, do this about five times a day and it might work, (it worked for my dad who always had a hunch in his walk but than again he didnt really have big ta taa's )

Originally posted by patti
but running with big boobs isn't the easiest thing
you can certainly say that again, gravity is one mean a$$ bi**h. that swinging motion gets going and wont stop great visual there I know.. LOL

i run outside all year round
I hate to be outside.. EVER... inside aircondiontioner humidifier/purifier for me please..... almost phobic about that.. I HATE outside.

what kind of music do you prefer to run to out of curiosity?
the last cd I made has beent he best so far.... the first song for kind of a quick paced walk and gradually gets me going faster then rest just rips.. lets see...

Misery-Pink & Steven Tyler
BareNaked-Jennifer Love Hewitt
Just LIke a pill -Pink
How do I deal- J Lo Hewitt
Complicatd-- Avril
Goodbye to you--Michelle Branch
everywhere to me--michelle branch
just like a pill (again )
DOnt turn out the lights (club mix.. very good for fast...)
walk with me -seven and the sun
Just LIke a pill -Pink (again--seeing a theme here )
Hella Good--no doubt (for alittle power walk)
Whats Luv?-Fat Joe & Ja Rule
Walkin away--Craig David.

and now its been anywhere form 45 minutes to an hour.. depending on how manytimes I listen to like a pill...

does your "Y" have any physical therapist/trainers?
I dont know our y really sux... I didnt even know they had daycare until a few days ago., I have been going there off and on for about 10 years!

cuz you can have chronic back pain if your chest is big
it is, and I do.. liek I said those situps bout kill me... but they are a neccessary evil I think. kids have ruined my body. (funny cause they made my life)

The only thing keeping me alive is the sit ups
you poor BABY!... LOL....
I dont so much eat what ever.. but chocolate will be my downfall!!!!!!

anyways.. thanks to everybody for their advcie and light converstaion on this topic, I dont really have anyone round here to talk to about such nonsense.

Originally posted by Naisy
(soz for double post)
hey fire
try doing back arches, put your hands on the center of your back and push back as far as you can, than straighten, do this about five times a day and it might work, (it worked for my dad who always had a hunch in his walk but than again he didnt really have big ta taa's )
just did that, and its actually pretty apinful in the lower arch of my back....didnt feel any effect in the upper neck/back area of concern... I kind of feel nice now that the whoel pain thing is gone though.. thanks

welp in an effort to up my workout a bit, I bought 2 sets of ankle weights this morning.

So I get home, and I am excited as crap...something new to try right. strap a set to my ankles, strap a set to my wrists...

"Yea, I am gonna tear this **** up today...wooo.. woo.. wooo....
Tread-mill your ass is mine.. who's your momma.. who's your momma....I wanna hear you say my fu**in' name...wooo..."

35 minutes into my normal routine + weights, my right calf cramps up so tight I about flew off the back of the mill 'fore I could turn it down... lol..

My point...
Never...ever... talk **** to your excercise equiptment.. it WILL find a way to win..

Side note:
whats everyone else's workout routine? You are reading this so I assume you work out in one way or another, or this thread wouldn't have interested you.

Come on.. Share dammit.

I lift weights, personally.
I have a set up in my garage that works quite well. I'm doing my best to avoid the 'middle-age spread' but I REALLY like to eat. The end result is I have no problem bulking up ... just hope it's bulky enough to hide my love handles.

I don't do any regular cardio but I should, I just hate it.

toooose! hey, i hate the weights/strength training.......and looooooooooovvvve cardio.

i know we talked about his long ago. i do enough aerobic stuff for you AND me......and i have no doubt you lift enough for both of us. too bad it doesn't work unless you do it yourself.
(hey, did your knee/leg heal up okay?)

i can't wait to run every morning and have to stop myself from running again later in the day.
i eat too many carbs.....and not enough protein (vegetarian and not the healthiest one)......and i hate situps. those are my weaknesses.

but pushing the jogger stroller around and up hills works my arms, back and butt.

FiLm Fr3aK- i asked a friend just the other day if they had ever heard of anyone hating the outdoors........... cuz we were talking about how much we love being in nature.
i would wish to live again just to get more time in nature.
i am stunned to hear you abhor the outdoors. that just amazes me.
why do you dislike it so?

Tossed the strength training out the window?

If so it's accompanying my cardio workout. Phuck them both, says I.

I'm in a wild mood tonite... I need to either go lift or, or, or... I don't know...something. Just restless... kids are playing nintendo... won't wrestle with the old man.

FiLm Fr3aK- i asked a friend just the other day if they had ever heard of anyone hating the outdoors........... cuz we were talking about how much we love being in nature.
i would wish to live again just to get more time in nature.
i am stunned to hear you abhor the outdoors. that just amazes me. why do you dislike it so?
Honestly, I have no idea.
I was talking to my dad about it a few days ago, actually, and he said even when I was little they would have to MAKE me go outside. He said once I was out there I would have a great time, but it was getting me to go out. (My son is the same way. My daughter loves to be outside though.)

I am ok outside until a bug gets on me, or I start to feel dirty it's really hard to explain. Being outside makes me itch(hmm well maybe not as hard as I thought ). I guess it has gradually gotten worse as I got older. I just hate it.
I mean I'll go out to go somewhere but other then that I only go out if my kids ask me to go out. Then I have to shower for about an hour when I come in,

My hubby is the real outsdoorsy type, cookouts, camping ect....but not I.

I dont know. I cant explain it.
I guess I am just a weirdo.

Back to the topic of excercising. Anybody have or have used that Bow-Flex.... I am thinking of getting was jsut wondering if anyone has one and if they like it/use it or not.

yeah, you think about maybe lifting, i think about how great it would be to go running.....it would be very cool to do that in the dark. but ellie is in beddy bye mode....i'd have to drag her along, and as it is i am in danger of serious overtraining strain.

what are your kids ages toose?
and chris, how's the fitness coming?

and chris, how's the fitness coming?
Quite well, thanks. Phase one (weight loss) is complete, basically. I'm down under 170 lbs -- which means I've lost around 40 total since my peak weight. Yeah, that's right; I was pretty chubby back then.

Phase two, which is next, is weight lifting, basically.

I've been stretching a bit, too...and it's kinda oddly relaxing. The weight lifting might be tough, as I've got less time on my hands these days, but I hope to have bulked up at least enough to make a noticable difference by the time 2002 is done with. After that, I'll just be working on maintenance with some jogging and biking. I only plan to go at it hardcore to get things started.

So, all in well, pretty well. Hows about you? Still runnin' like mad?

FiLm Fr3aK- i had a 7 year relationship with someone who hated bugs, hated the cold/hot, didn't like to sweat, ........ he tried hard to accompany me on my backcountry camping trips (Rockies) but he just got sick above 10,000 feet (whereas i felt better and better up to 14,000).
he hated the bugs and the hard ground. he tried......but he preferred being inside, didn't care if the shades were ever opened or if there were even windows.

we had everything else in common so it was a good relationship, we just had our separate passions.....mine being nature/fitness and his being computers and oilpainting.

and i work with someone who sounds like you ....hates feeling dirty, hates bugs.......

you ARE weird. ......... but so are the rest of us for our varying reasons.

chris......you think you will do it hardcore till you are how you want to be then will cut back?
nah.....do it forever. just do what you can make into part of every day......a little lifing a little jogging.
you deserve big kudos! forty pounds is a terrific accomplishment. bravo. bravo.

hated bugs, hated the cold/hot, didn't like to sweat, he hated the bugs and the hard ground. he preferred being inside, didn't care if the shades were ever opened or if there were even windows. his being computers and oilpainting.

and i work with someone who sounds like you ....hates feeling dirty, hates bugs.......
all the above describes me, except I love the windows (well blinds anyway) Open. My desk is right by my french doors so its like I am outside only I am indie. We are thinking of getting one of those sun rooms added so I can be outside WITHOUT being outside lol...

I like my computers, and my art, but I like my treadmill too. I am jsut really unhappy with my body, and wish I could do enough to transform it to where I want it. But I am thinking now that myabe surgery is the only thing that will help. a little lift, a little tuck, and little suction... then I would be good as new...

Naw...virtually everyone's capable of turning it around. Trust me on that one. I find accountability helps...diet buddies and the like can do wonders for motivation.

Originally posted by Yoda
Naw...virtually everyone's capable of turning it around. Trust me on that one. I find accountability helps...diet buddies and the like can do wonders for motivation.
Well, I need more of excercise buddy I htink. I am not fat. but...
my boobs are way to big and nature is taking her toll on them, and I have this fatty deposit thing at the bottom of my tummy...it will not go away. My booty is nice (if I so say so myself) and my legs are good. but my Boobs make me look heavy cause I always wear baggy shirts, and I dont stand up straight. and the lower third of my tummy is like jello... its hard to describe to someone who hasnt had a kid.. but alot of women get the ROLL I am talking about. Just seems mine wont go away. between that and my hooties I hate the way I look.

I eat ok I think.

OH YEA...on the side.... day 2 of no coffee/cappiccino... whoop whoop go me!...

anyway.. I dont know. I am just tired and depressed today I think. not even happy with my 80's hair