I Am Legend 2

Tools    

They aren't yet. Richard Matheson has in fact signed off on a potential sequel but as of yet there are no plans to actually make a sequel. Like I said though its a big yet. They made enough money that I'm sure it wouldn't surprise very many people if they did in fact make another one.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Confirmed, it will be a prequel.

IMDB says that there will be a prequel too. So far, this is the cast I have (rumored):

Will Smith, Alice Braga, Charlie Tahan, Emma Thompson

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think a sequel and a prequel would be awsome, the possiblititys are great for the films as I really loved I am legend.

Since Robert Neville died in the last one, would it be even possible for number two? There's some other ways a plot could be made for a sequel, for example: Alice Braga, and maybe a prequel. So far, the info i've heard has really sent a spark, I would love to see a sequel

From what I have heard from other forums it sounds like this will be a sequel, but who the hell knows for sure until the trailer comes out

Registered Creature
It's a prequel.

I'm really not looking forward to this, and I usually tend to keep an open mind about these things. But I honestly don't see the point for making a prequel. I was dissatisfied with the I Am Legend ending.

I thought Omega Man was a much better movie.

oh god. here is where they ruin this story even more......

the ending was just as good as the ending to children of men.

Registered Creature
the ending was just as good as the ending to children of men.

Really? I was kind of disappointed. I thought the original ending sounded better.

I just hope Will Smith will be in it. I loved the first one and I own it on DVD. Very good movie. There is a fan made trailer online that shows leaked footage from the sequel (and filming has begun).

The first one was a dud. A prequel would be nice really.

oh god. here is where they ruin this story even more......
Well you have to remember, this isn't a sequel, it is a prequel. The possibilities of ruining the original movie are endless, but IMHO I think the movie is going to be awesome and I'm pretty sure Will Smith or Alice Braga will be in the film again.