Underworld 3: The Rise of the Lycans

Tools    

I love vampire movies, and I think the "Underworld" series has been pretty decent as far as these things go. I am a little upset that Kate isn't in this one (she does look good in vinyl ) but I'm sure Rhona Mitra will look good too! I'm not saying this is gonna be a "must-see-in-the-theater" flick, but more than likely a "if-someone-with-BluRay-gets-it-and-invites-me-over" type of movie.

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
I loved the first Underworld and thought number 2, while nothing amazing, was still great fun, so I have high hopes for this. I do wish Kate was in this, she was one of the best parts of the series

Never Rub Another Mans Rhubarb.
Keep it in your pants Sawman...lol

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I loved the first thought the 2nd was so much better so im hoping this is going to be so good I wont be able to leave the room after its finished, because ill be hugging the case so much!

No Beckinsdale. No Box office. Period!
Well, you may be right and you may be wrong. The first two weren't exactly huge successes either as Yoda already mentioned.

I like Kate fine. She wasn't my first choice first time around and I'm not upset in the least that she won't be in this one.

Look. She's a hottie. Even through this airbrushed picture you can see that. But Rhona Mitra is a girl to watch folks. Many out there don't even remember her from the days when Tomb Raider was like the biggest game since marbles.

Yeah, that's her right there. The ORIGINAL Lara Croft. The trouble was and still is to some extent, too many still don't fully know who she is. She was briefly slated to be in the Tomb Raider movie but of course she was a relative unknown so they ended up with some chick named Jolie. Can't really fault the producers for that, Angelina was a pretty hot commodity and just slapping her name on Tomb Raider was enough for me to go see it and quite a few other Fan Boys as well.

She has been in a few smaller parts and done a fair amount of television but earlier this year she got back to her Tomb Raider roots a bit and had herself a starring role in a major picture. Doomsday (Neil Marshall-2008) was a lot of fun to watch. She was the star and she was terrific, it helped that she had a pretty decent cast around her as well. This is my little review. So check out Doomsday and then come sit down on the bench next to me and we'll wait patiently for this third installment. At the very least she's even easier on the eyes than Kate Beckinsale.

It's obvious, at the end of the second one you could tell they were making a part 3. Awesome, can't wait!!

I totally can't wait for this. I loved the first and second one, this one should be just as good, or even better

I 2nd that, Powered! Rhona Mitra is a stunning woman, and is no weaker an actress than Angelina Jolie. Jolie just happens to look more unique, which doesn't exactly make her better.

I've never really rated Kate Beckinsale despite her nice arse, but Rhona seems like an adequate replacement.

As for the Underworld films themselves..well, I absolutely LOVE the cinematography of the first one. That's what makes it so watchable imo. The photography is wonderfully sharp and looks the business. I need to see it on Blu Ray. The sound is crisp too. Probably one of the best films to show off your home cinema system. However, the execution of the film is just so painfully average.

Theres no tension and the characters are seriously underdeveloped. The film is predictable too, but all that could have been overshadowed if it had remained as FUN as the premise suggested. Heres hoping that the 3rd one is better, eh?

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
After watching Doomsday, I have to say Rhona Mitra is a fine looking woman! I won't complain about the casting of her. The lack of story line being written is something I probably will complain about if I see the film at all.

I happen to love vampire related books, movies and more but only if there is a story with at least one sympathetic character. If not, game over, epic fail time, at least in my eyes.

Registered Creature
Haha, I remember my friends and I used to "play" Underworld. Back in the third grade, that is.

Registered Creature
Yeah, it was super fun.

Though I played the one of the werewolves. I was always the werewolf.