Is Brad Renfro the New Heath Ledger?

Tools    

What do you think about Brad Renfo in the upcoming release of The Informers? Heath Ledger died and The Dark Knight was under-took by millions of Ledgerers. Now Renfros are having their funreal as the upcoming drama film The Informers makes it way into the theaters.

New Heath Ledger? Seriously, what is with all the love? Let's be fair- Joker was a fantastic performance but he wasn't a solid and constant aspect of cinema who left a massive hole. Let's look for the new Roy Scheider or Isaac Hayes first, both being far more influential and important.

Ledger was nothing compared to Renfro and what really ticked me off was that Renfro died a week before Ledger and never got nearly as much hype or recognition.

Nobody I knew even talked about how much they loved Heath before he died and then all of a sudden he kicked the bucket and now, he's praised and talked about obsessively like some movie legend.
he looks into his dying eyes and hears his final sounds .. "I'm gonna die, dude."
How could this happen to me? I'm the model of clean living. Dead at twenty-three.

Welcome to the human race...
No. He's not.

Ledger and The Dark Knight were both heavily hyped both pre- and post-Ledger's death. Renfro and The Informers, however...Hell, I just read that and went, "They're making a movie of The Informers now?"

reservoir dogs circa 1881
its always a shame when a talent dies but to be fair i dont think heath or brad deserve any more attention than anybody else i just think people notice more when the death happens around the same time as their best performances it just makes people think of how they could have been like james dean or my favorite river phoenix.think of all the deceased once legendary hasbeens who might get a little nod come oscar night and thats it,it really is shameful

In my opinion, yes he is. He hasen't gotten any attention since his death like Heath Ledger did.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
He hasen't gotten any attention since his death like Heath Ledger did.
Ummm, no! Heath Ledger has been on countless newspapaers and is now in the 2nd highest grossing movie, of all time. Plus an Oscar nomination and maybe another one on the way.

Brad Renfro didn't even get on the R.I.P Oscar tribute and isn't rembered very well.

But, yes a persons profile does raise a bit after death, but Brad Renfro, the new Heath Ledger? Hell no.

So i've been watching a lot of flicks with Brad Renfro in them recently. You guys are right, it's a shame his death didn't get more attention.

I saw Informers (terrible, nonsense), Apt Pupil (underrated, disturbing), Ghost World (quirky, likeable) and Bully (superb performances, as disturbing as it gets). I'm planning to watch Telling Lies In America next, if I can find it, but what I thought was interesting about all of Renfro's performances' in these films was his interest in non commercial projects and his intensity. I can't think of too many teen actors like him who developed a decent (though very short) career by taking part in potentially controversial films. I think that's impressive.

Poor bloke though. Guy looked about 37 in Informers. I didn't even recognise him. Drugs really must have taken a toll.

Anyways, R.I.P, Renfro. Will try to see more films..

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Ahh, Brad Renfro. I remember him from "Tom and Huck" back in 1995. My sister and I had huge crushes on Johnathan Taylor Thomas at the time, so we begged our mom and dad to buy this on VHS for us. I quickly changed my mind about JTT and fell in love with Renfro instead, LOL.

Seriously, though...I loved him in "Apt Pupil" and "Ghost World." Such a shame. RIP.

If you haven't already seen it, I urge you to check out Bully. I vaguely remember Tom and Huck, but I doubt that it's a Renfro film I will be revisiting anytime soon .

Informers was indeed terrible.

Not trying to sound horrible, but Ledger was a fan girl magnet, Renfro wasn't. - One big reason Ledger got a lot of attention.

Ledger was brilliant, and I've liked him since Lords of Dogtown and was so very interested when I heard he would be playing Joker. Renfro was good too but didn't get much enjoyment out of watching him for some reason.

Have you seen Bully yet, Nausicca? Yeah, I just want to warn everybody to stay the hell away from Informers. You'll thank us, trust. I only really got interested in him player Joker when I read that he and Nolan were taking some inspiration from Alex DeLarge.

Brad Renfro was one of my favorite child stars, whereas I've never really liked Heath Ledger. Renfro will, by me at least, be missed far more.

Sudoku Blackbelt
Renfro was ok in Sleepers.

What's the point of this thread again?

I didn't know who Heath was when he died, since I didn't watch many movies at that time. But now that I've seen him in movies such as The Dark Night and Brokeback Mountain he has become one of my favorites and I find it really sad that he died. I wouldn't have any idea who Brad Renfro was if I hadn't seen The Client the other day, checked him on imdb and was sad to find out that he'd died aswell.
The good die young as they say...

that's what she said...
no. they are two different people and should remain separatly missed.