Alien Glyphs

Tools    

Hello there,

I would love to tap into the collective brain power of this forum in identifying a science-fiction movie from a very short and vaguely-remembered scene.

The scene was taking place in space, where a manned spaceship came across another spaceship that seemed derelict and of alien origin. We know it was so because of alien characters/glyphs marked on the side of the spaceship hull. Those glyphs are the reason why I am here asking the question.

If I remember correctly, the human team might have even tried to board that spaceship and explore the inside via an airlock, and that is where I may have seen more of those characters marked on a wall. But I'm really hazy on that.

I wish I could have provided more explicit information.
I thank you in advance for your time!

Edit

Note:
If you know of any science-fiction movies taking place in space and featuring alien characters/glyphs/"alphabets", please mention them and I will investigate further. Thank you.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hello there,

I would love to tap into the collective brain power of this forum in identifying a science-fiction movie from a very short and vaguely-remembered scene.

The scene was taking place in space, where a manned spaceship came across another spaceship that seemed derelict and of alien origin. We know it was so because of alien characters/glyphs marked on the side of the spaceship hull. Those glyphs are the reason why I am here asking the question.

If I remember correctly, the human team might have even tried to board that spaceship and explore the inside via an airlock, and that is where I may have seen more of those characters marked on a wall. But I'm really hazy on that.

I wish I could have provided more explicit information.
I thank you in advance for your time!

Edit

Note:
If you know of any science-fiction movies taking place in space and featuring alien characters/glyphs/"alphabets", please mention them and I will investigate further. Thank you.

When did you see this movie?

Though its not in space, the movie Sphere I believe had some discovered markings.

Maybe the Alien franchise with Prometheus.

Can you remember if it was sci-fi fantasy? Horror? American made? Foreign language? Any cast? Or even just a description of a lead character like male or female, appearance, did they use guns a lot or more scientific?

Stargate?

Hey ynwtf,

Thank you for your reply.
I saw that movie at some point between 2008 and 2012, and judging by the look of it, I'd say it was a recent production, post-2000.

I can confirm that it was not Sphere, as it was taking place in space.

The markings in the Prometheus movie look different. The ones I'm trying to track look reminiscent of the Japanese Katakana writing system, but more... alien.

It was not a fantasy, but rather in the suspense/action genre; definitely American-made and in English.
Unfortunately, I cannot produce a cast, or a lead-actor/actress, but the movie doesn't seem to take place in a very advanced timeline, so no laser guns or anything.

Firefly - episode Bushwhacked has them finding a spaceship with a dead crew.

Star Trek: Enterprise - episode Oasis has the crew finding a seemingly abandoned/crashed ship on a planet.

Star Trek: Enterprise - episode Impulse has crew attempting to come to the aid of a Vulcan cruiser with a dead crew

Hey OHForums,

Thank you for replying, I appreciate your help.
It's a movie though, not an episode from a TV series

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
The Lost in Space movie had a scene where the Jupiter 2 comes across a future earth ship with a smaller alien shiped docked to it and the exterior of that ship has some alien language on it. Theres also the movie Moontrap which could have that in it too.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Hello friends,

Unfortunately, no. I think I'd have to leave it to serendipity.

How kind of you all to try and help, I'm grateful.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Oh I'm pretty sure it's not Serendipity. You probably would have recognized John Cusack. Or more likely, Eugene Levy.

Sorry. Can't help myself. Good luck in the search. I totally feel your pain. Stick around for the chats though. I came here with a similar movie question. I can't seem to find my way out, still.

Lifeforce?

But that was made in 1979, way before 2000 as the OP has stated.
1. Let OP shoot it down. I've made wrong suggestions before which then turned out to be correct.

2. Sometimes a wrong answer will trigger a memory in someone else which will be the right movie.

There was a TV series that started that way. But I do not remember if there were glyphs. A SyFy channel production. It was supposed to be a 5 year show but they cancelled it after one year The 5 humans were in the space shuttle. So the show was set in the 90s. The aliens on the ship sent the crew back in time to prevent the destruction of the Earth. Odyssey 5
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318236/

“The scene was taking place in space, where a manned spaceship came across another spaceship that seemed derelict and of alien origin. We know it was so because of alien characters/glyphs marked on the side of the spaceship hull. Those glyphs are the reason why I am here asking the question.”

1- Isn’t that from the original Alien film?

2- or it could be from firefly when they find the Reavers?

Star Trek Discovery and Star Trek Strange New Worlds had scenes with glyphs. But these are recent. Just throwing it out.