Your Preferred Movie Genre

Tools    

Prioritizing genre is pretty much impossible for me. It almost always depends on my mood. Today, for example, I am chomping at the bit for a good light-hearted comedy that I have never seen before because I could use a good laugh. There are some genres I could watch almost any time, like Noir, or suspense. If I was forced to choose only one genre I would have to say I would write down a few and put them in a hat and pick one at random. I think most of us agree that the best films cross many topics even if they may focus on one or two.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
Good?

I'll watch just about anything but I really loathe romance....except for Lars And The Real Girl. That was cool.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Prioritizing genre is pretty much impossible for me. It almost always depends on my mood. .
Exactly the same for me.

Horror..with supernatural or paranormal themes. Three fav films The Innocents (1960), The Changeling (1980) The Haunted (1995). I have now added the Woman In Black.

Boldly going.
I like the extraordinary: either an extraordinary character in an ordinary situation, or an ordinary character in an exraordinary situation. So sci-fi and fantasy tend to be my favourites. I'll occasionally go for horror (as long as its not too gruesome), comedy and action.

Mystery/Thriller/Sci-fi (combined or not)

Adventure (with a soft spot for James Bond)

Comedy, dark comedy especially.

My second genre is suspence. As the acknowledged Master of Suspence I am a huge Hitchcock devotee. I rate Rebecca, Psycho and Frenzy as his three best.