37.50%
3 votes
Cory Michael Smith
8 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Frank Gorshin

John Astin

Jim Carrey

Cory Michael Smith
Frank Gorshin – as I understand it he made such an impression that the Riddler went from a very minor Batman character to an extremely popular and regularly used villain.

I think on top of his incredible comedic ability it's that he has a toughness about him that makes it easy to believe that under all the bright colours he could be a vicious hoodlum. That makes a lot of sense when you know that he based the character a lot on Richard Widmark in Kiss of Death.

I also enjoyed Jim Carrey a lot – I'm not a particular fan of Carrey's usual comedic style but it worked for the Riddler in that film.

John Astin I don't remember that well but I think he would have been attempting the impossible, aside from the fact that he is Gomez.

And Cory Michael Smith I haven't seen much of, but his Riddler seems quite a bland and uninteresting — and tall— figure.

Wheres Jesse Eisenberg?! He played the best Riddler Id ever seen!

Oh thats right, he was supposed to be Lex Luthor, my bad

I haven't seen the film. Is Lex Luthor with hair as ridiculous as it sounds?
I went into the film with a jaded hardened perspective, eventually was pleasantly surprised, and had to change my stance on certain things. Eisenberg was even worse than I dreaded. Bad.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I voted for Corey Michael Smith. He's fantastic in Gotham.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

No contest here...Frank Gorshin owned that role and no one touches him...God, that laugh, no one could duplicate that...I remember he was no longer available for the role and he was briefly replaced by John Astin...embarrassing.

Cory Michael Smith is brilliant as Edward Nygma/The Riddler in Gotham. I especially liked the split personality scenes before his evil side took over completely.
Oh, well that sounds more interesting. I don't like to criticize something I've hardly seen.

It is. It also leads to an unexpected murder.
Hidden depths, obviously.

Looking back I get the impression that the Bookworm, played by Roddy McDowall, was perhaps closer to what the Riddler was like in the comics initially. I always liked the Bookworm.

No contest here...Frank Gorshin owned that role and no one touches him...God, that laugh, no one could duplicate that...I remember he was no longer available for the role and he was briefly replaced by John Astin...embarrassing.
It was good in the film when the Joker and the Riddler laugh face-to-face.