Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Unregistered User

Crossfire (1947)

Robert Ryan is great in this entertaining noir. I didn't love it but its a reminder that I really should watch more noir.

+

The Flim-Flam Man (1967)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Legend (1985)

I had seen this movie before when I was younger but didn't remember anything. I tried watching it hand had to turn it off. It's not bad but it's just...hoaky. Ridley Scott may be one of the best visual directors ever, but damn he can't write dialoug. The human elements of a lot of his movies fall flat, and boy was it ever goofy in this movie. I found myself laughing almost immediately and had to stop. Tom Cruise before he was famous playing basically Peter Pan broke it for me. Don't get me wrong, visually this movie is spectacular, and it has probably the greatest devil costume ever conceived by man. But if you're looking for story, skip this one.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Wicker Man (1973) -

- He brought you up to be a pagan!
- A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one.

Advantages:
- scarier than most other horrors
- good acting
- Christopher Lee is great as Lord Summerisle
- some memorable quotes
- horrific ending

Disadvantages:
- no bees
- no bear costume
- no Cage goofiness
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Alien 3 - Special Edition (David Fincher, 1992)

And so I conclude David Fincher's filmography. The same way as with Nolan, Kubrick and Aronofsky it finished with their debut movie.
There's a lot of great stuff in here but it's almost impossible to don't compare it to the first one, and in that comparison it's hard for any horror movie to win. However, I believe this one is better than the second one, for two reasons: it's almost impossible to write a worst script than the one of Cameron's Aliens and Fincher is simply a better director than James Cameron, and he proves that on his debut.
The good points: the ability to create incredibly tense atmospheres was already there, and the suspense is there from the moment one, making this very interesting to watch even having a lot less scary moments than the other two movies of the trilogy.
Sigourney Weaver is always great to watch and on this movie I found his perfomance the best of the whole trilogy (this new looks actually works wonderfully!). The whole Ripley carrying the Queen was a very nice touch and the ending was perfectly executed!
The bad points: the whole crazy guy freeing the Alien after the first act seemed pointless.
The new Alien didn't exactly scared me, especially because it didn't save any hostages to lay eggs on, which I believe is the scariest thing of the whole concept, so the lack of a Queen made me lost a bit of interest.
The CGI's of the Alien are pretty bad, though I understand it's 1992...
Finally, it's not the first one... It doesn't create that claustrophobic sensation that stayed with me for days after watching Ridley Scott's masterpiece for the first time.

-

My Night at Maud's (1969)

My third film from director Rohmer after La Collectionneuse and Clare's Knee, and I've felt very similar about all three. Unremarkable characters have unremarkable conversations, mostly about love. Except that, with these characters being on each other's level and the way they respond to one another, the unremarkable dialogue becomes fairly remarkable in the context of their limited stories. This movie has a very small cast, basically featuring only four characters, and all four performances are excellent. All three of these movies are beautifully filmed, although this one doesn't have the beautiful outdoor scenery of the other two. Rohmer's movies have crept up on me just at the moments that I thought I had lost interest. These are also movies that leave me thinking a little bit after they're over.

Terminator Genisys (2015)

The good thing about this sequel is the return of Arnold. The re-enactment scenes of the 1984 original film were pretty cool. However, the many twists and non-stop explosions did not serve the series too well. Even Arnold, after a while, becomes a tired version of his old self- despite the references to his age, some of which are comedic, and the plot's justification for a machine appearing as an old man.

The other actors in the film, Jason Clarke playing John Connor, Emilia Clarke playing Sarah Conner (not sure if they are actually related in real life), and Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese don't seem to have an emotional grab of the audience the way Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn, and -dare I say -Edward Furlong had in the previous installments. J.K. Simmons, the recent Oscar winner for Whiplash, is criminally underused in the film, and his role and performance are trivial.

My final verdict: somewhat entertaining and nostalgic 2 hour roller coaster ride, with too many plot twists that become tedious, but, overall, a disservice to the Terminator franchise and what James Cameron established in the first 2 classic films.

Ted 2 (2015)

The first Ted was funny, obscene, and original, but flawed.

The second Ted is more of the same, but a little less funny.

I'm not sure if Amanda Seyfried was the right choice to replace Mila Kunis. And Mark Wahlberg's comedic chops have worn out.

The Wicker Man (1973) -

- He brought you up to be a pagan!
- A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one.

Advantages:
- scarier than most other horrors
- good acting
- Christopher Lee is great as Lord Summerisle
- some memorable quotes
- horrific ending

Disadvantages:
- no bees
- no bear costume
- no Cage goofiness
I wish I could rep you more than once... You know this is my favorite film and to me... the ending was not horrific..

I wish I could rep you more than once... You know this is my favorite film and to me... the ending was not horrific..
I just noticed you changed your top 10. Pretty in Pink, you? Hahahaha

I just noticed you changed your top 10. Pretty in Pink, you? Hahahaha
You never go to the Chill Club so of course you would not hear me talk about it...

Yeah, its my favorite movie from when I was a teen...

My friend (movie buddy) made me upset once.. so I made him watch that with me... he was born in 1980 so this film was one he hadnt seen before... he loved it! James Spader is such a d*ck in that film!! I love Jon Cryer.. he's a comic in that film... I can relate to many things that Andi went through.. because my school was very similar to that.

I saw Pretty in Pink at the movies with a bunch of my buddies. We must've looked real cool.
hey back in the 80s.. Im sure you did look cool!