Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Frozen - 6/10

Decided to watch this as I've been on a bit of an Animation kick lately. Liked it more than I expected too, the problems I had were the ones I was expecting. It was a bit too saccharine for me personally and quite a few of the songs irritated me. Despite this I did enjoy some of it. The film looked amazing and I liked most of the characters, particularly Olaf who cracked me up. I also liked what happened with Hans, before Kristoff was introduced I thought it was going to be another generic prince character as the love interest.

Good movie that I would have liked alot more when I was younger.

The Good Lie 2014

This is the best movie I've seen in 8 months.

I don't remember what I was watching on hbo, but this came on after it.
What luck I was on the computer and not changing the channel.

Julia Misbehaves (1948)

Nice, slick little comedy concerning a woman (Greer Garson) who comes back into the life of the daughter (Elizabeth Taylor) she hasn't seen since the daughter's infancy. Also, she and her husband (Walter Pidgeon) in the couple of decades since, haven't bothered to get a divorce despite not seeing each other. Also complicating things is Cesar Romero, who is in love with Julia and follows her around with his mother in tow. One of those stacked-deck comedies where everything gets somehow solved by the end. For me it was a delight to see the normally stoic Garson play a comedic part. She may have done more, I just haven't seen all her movies. A good time if you're feeling stressed and want a movie that goes down easy.

I have to return some videotapes.

LA Confidential

The first half was just ok to me, but it picked up so much in the 2nd half. The ending was perfectly done and they made it seem realistic and not going for some fluffy happy ending. Guy Pearce and Russell Crowe both have amazing performances in this that I couldn't help but be in shock that I haven't seen Pearce in nearly any movie in this millennium. This makes me want to see Memento more as well.

I hesitated watching "LA Confidential" for years. Now that I have watched it,- the hype is justified, I think. It was very good.

Care for some gopher?
The Graduate (USA, 1967, Mike Nichols) -

Seen it for the first time and i liked it. I wasn't overwhelmed, though because while the first 40 minutes were pretty great, it got downhill when Elaine entered the movie. I thought here character wasn't convincing, at all. And while i like Simon & Garfunkel, i thought the soundtrack was extremely uninspired: The Sound of Silence - The Sound of Silence - Scarborough Fair - Scarborough Fair - Scarborough Fair - Scarborough Fair - Mrs Robinson - Mrs Robinson - Mrs Robinson - Mrs Robinson - The Sound of Silence. But i'm a fan of Dustin Hoffman.

The Graduate (USA, 1967, Mike Nichols) -

Seen it for the first time and i liked it. I wasn't overwhelmed, though because while the first 40 minutes were pretty great, it got downhill when Elaine entered the movie. I thought here character wasn't convincing, at all. And while i like Simon & Garfunkel, i though the soundtrack was extremely uninspired: The Sound of Silence - The Sound of Silence - Scarborough Fair - Scarborough Fair - Scarborough Fair - Scarborough Fair - Mrs Robinson - Mrs Robinson - Mrs Robinson - Mrs Robinson - The Sound of Silence. But i'm a fan of Dustin Hoffman.
Glad you sort of liked it.. One of my favorites.

LA Confidential

The first half was just ok to me, but it picked up so much in the 2nd half. The ending was perfectly done and they made it seem realistic and not going for some fluffy happy ending. Guy Pearce and Russell Crowe both have amazing performances in this that I couldn't help but be in shock that I haven't seen Pearce in nearly any movie in this millennium. This makes me want to see Memento more as well.

Glad you liked it Cole! I did like the 1st half exploring the three main guys since I thought all of them gave great performances, but yeah the 2nd half is outstanding!

Memento is a great film as well, and Pearce's most recent film is The Rover, which I really liked.

Yeah and now I just saw Memento is really high on the millennium list. I'm adding that to my watchlist, even if no one else had nominated it

Yeah and now I just saw Memento is really high on the millennium list. I'm adding that to my watchlist, even if no one else had nominated it
Yeah it just missed my 100 but it was in my "25 other favorites" that I did when I finished my initial list.

Open Water (2003) - Chris Kentis

- Underrated horror drama of the 2000's. I love this film and I love scuba-diving (even if I live in Quebec ). Performance are great and it's far from being boring. Thumbs Up.

Elephant (2003) - Gus Van Sant

- Disturbing and provocative movie about High-school shooting of Columbine. It's very realistic and the pictures are brutal. Perfectly demonstrate the effect of intimidation on a teenager life.

+

Zombie (1979)

I don't love these movies quite as much as I used to, but this has to be a top five zombie flick. I mean come on, it has a zombie vs shark fight, and one of the all time great eye-gouge scenes. It's a lot of fun, but also has some scenes of great terror.

Zombie (1979)

I don't love these movies quite as much as I used to, but this has to be a top five zombie flick. I mean come on, it has a zombie vs shark fight, and one of the all time great eye-gouge scenes. It's a lot of fun, but also has some scenes of great terror.

I think my Danish Zombie flick is the best... might be low budget and unknown but it kicks some butt on the gore side...