WAR/ESPIONAGE MOVIE FROM THE 40s-60s

Tools    

I'm searching the title of an old war/espionage movie. All I remember is here.

PRODUCTION:
English or American film from the 40s-60s, in color.

PLOT:
In India, during the XIX century, an English officer recruits a local boy (maybe orphan) aged 12-14 to serve as spy, and trains his memory. In one scene they visit a museum full of old weapons and artifacts and as soon as they arrive to the last room, the guy turns the look to a wall and repeats the list of everything they saw. Then the guy goes to join a group of rebels in the mountains or the desert. The movie goes on but I don’t remember the rest.

TONE:
Very old fashion drama. The English are the good, the others the bad. Cameras are still, people don’t usually move, dialogues are dry and rhetoric, panoramas are painted, the pace is slow, the plot is simple.

Very old fashion drama. The English are the good, the others the bad. Cameras are still, people don’t usually move, dialogues are dry and rhetoric, panoramas are painted, the pace is slow, the plot is simple.

That could be almost every war film ever made.

That could be almost every war film ever made.
Nah, nowadays cameras shake... did you see G. I. Jane?

Did you see my post above?
Yeah, thanks for the answer. I'll tell you as soon as I see the movie.

The movie "Kim" that Mark has suggested as being the answer was screened by one of my local TV stations today so I watched it. I can confirm that the scene the Op described was definitely in it.

Yeah, it's definitely Kim.
Thanks