"Almost" Update

Tools    

Since the other thread was mostly about King Kong now, I figured I would start a new thread to deal with the updates on the making of my movie "Almost".

The update today is that I put up pictures of some of the cast on the website at http://www.filmdallas.com

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Now what's this about?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

If you read this thread: http://www.movieforums.com/forums/sh...p?threadid=399 in its entirety, you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Aww, was hoping to see the chicks cast as Susan and Jaime. I think you did a fine job casting Sean and Patrick -- I always pictured Patrick as being a bit pudgier than Sean...and I don't mean that in a bad way or anything. He seems like a "bigger" all around character.

I have to say, I had expected the actress playing Laurie to look more like the actress now playing Judy -- but it hardly matters. If Sean and Patrick are spot on, everything else will come more easily, I think.

Things are looking quite sharp -- very cool Ryan. Keep us informed...I'm loving this.

Well, I could give you a sneak peak of the actresses I am leaning toward casting in the roles of Jamie and Susan, but since neither is official, I can't really put them up on the website.

If you must see my favorites (keeping in mind that until they are official, they might change), you can do so:

My Favorite for Jamie

My Favorite for Susan

Too early to know for sure, but I think both will be willing to sign on. I'm more confident about the Jamie than the Susan, but I feel pretty good about both.

ryan, can I have a link to your screenplay? The previous one doesn't seem to be working.

We've now officially added Janet Dodd (the redhead that was my favorite for the role) to the cast as Jamie Connery.

We expect to officially cast our Susan on Sunday (my favorite remains the same, but we're waiting until we meet with her on Sunday evening to officially add her to the cast).

By Monday, we'll have our entire cast officially signed on. We still expect to begin shooting on August 4th and continue until September 2nd.

The actor playing Sean (Ryan Brockington), and I have been working on poster/cover art ideas and plan to have that done very soon.

I'm not sure whether we'll have time to shoot a teaser trailer before we begin shooting. I'll know more next week.

We should have a rough cut of the movie available to see by October 1st (perhaps earlier. Since we're shooting on only weekends, I can cut some scenes together during the week in August while we're still shooting). A more polished edit with music, etc. probably won't be done until November (depending on the other things that may or may not interfere with the schedule).

Jaime's part is well cast, in my opinion. She's attractive by most standards, but pretty while still be an everyday woman. You obviously want someone more "universally" attractive to play Susan -- otherwise it'd just look bad. Man, kuds on going forward with all this!

Just for comparison's sake, here's a photo of the "real" Susan (the woman in this photo was the inspiration for some of the Susan character).

http://www.dfwtx.net/SCRYER.JPG

SCHWING!

Originally posted by ryanpaige
Since the other thread was mostly about King Kong now, I figured I would start a new thread
yeah sorry about that, me and Kyra got a bit carried away, wont happen on this one i promise!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Just wondering, is it just you funding this project or are there other parties involved?

Just me.

You know, I just discovered that playing that "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" thing using our Sean (Ryan Brockington) is pretty easy. Brockington is in "Ed Gein" with Carrie Snodgress. Snodgress was in "Wild Things" with Kevin Bacon.

So that's only like one degree away (or does that count as two?)

So when we get "Almost" finished and listed on the Internet Movie Database, all the rest of us in "Almost" will be only a couple of degrees away from Kevin Bacon, which drives home the point of the game (that everybody is only a few short degrees away from Kevin Bacon).

I think it's really awesome what you're doing here, ryanpaige. Absolutely fantastic - I admire your forward approach. I'll be sure to rent ED GEIN when it comes to Blockbuster on Tuesday.