Pre-1930s Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
@Siddon @edarsenal

Today is July 22nd the deadline, how are you guys doing? It looks like you each have 1 more movie to go. If you've already watched it, you can send in your voting list now and do a write-up later. So let me know how it's going?
Just posted my review and going to get my vote together shortly.

Enjoy seeing Tod Browning and Lon Chaney's film The Unknown (1927) getting a go-ahead. Late one night I viewed this unique and entrancing movie a few years back. He Who Gets Slapped (1924) and Laugh, Clown, Laugh (1928) are two more to put alongside Chaney's other more known commodities from the 1920s (Hunchback and The Phantom). Another I've been wanting to see for a while is The Unholy Three (1925) .

Enjoy seeing Tod Browning and Lon Chaney's film The Unknown (1927) getting a go-ahead. Late one night I viewed this unique and entrancing movie a few years back. He Who Gets Slapped (1924) and Laugh, Clown, Laugh (1928) are two more to put alongside Chaney's other more known commodities from the 1920s (Hunchback and The Phantom). Another I've been wanting to see for a while is The Unholy Three (1925) .
Laugh, Clown, Laugh COMPLETELY shot past my radar!
I've always been curious about that one since forever, THANKS

Was already planning on watching The Unholy Three and will check the others out too. Thanks for the recs!

@Siddon @edarsenal

Today is July 22nd the deadline, how are you guys doing? It looks like you each have 1 more movie to go. If you've already watched it, you can send in your voting list now and do a write-up later. So let me know how it's going?

alright I'll do that

I have all the voting list in, thanks guys! I'll do the reveal asap when I can. Hopefully tomorrow. I haven't added anything up but there's a clear favorite for #1 and a clear favorite for last place

Pandora's Box(1929) is the story of a lose women living that European lifestyle. It's fairly jarring to see a lesbian subplot this early but when you consider that this was Germany and fairly common it's certainly something. Louise Brooks is really good in this I can't imagine anyone else playing this character. I would actually recommend people tracking down the documentary they did on her that's on the Criterion set.

Another thing I loved about the film isn't just that is was in black and white but also the use of color in the movie. How we get this complicated female and yet we see her constantly in either black or white. Really good nomination hope it does well.

Is everyone done then?
Everyone is done and I have the results calculated. I'll do the results later tonight and do the @ mention thing before hand so you guys hopefully can follow along. It won't take long to post the results.

Watched them all, looking forward to seeing what order they end up achieving.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I wasn't in this one, but I'm thinking Metropolis or Sherlock Jr. get inducted.

Does anyone think it slights a film to get inducted in a specialty HOF compared to a general? It just seems like a general winner is more prestigious to me, but of course, I'm probably taking this all too seriously, having been in so many.

Does anyone think it slights a film to get inducted in a specialty HOF compared to a general? It just seems like a general winner is more prestigious to me, but of course, I'm probably taking this all too seriously, having been in so many.
I kind of look at them almost equally. While General is just a bit higher covering a full range, Specialties are kind of like the breakdown at Oscars or any given Award show.
So, General = Best Film
Specialty = All other Categories

I don't think a specialty winner is slighted but I do think of the General as more prestigious, like Ed said the main category.

We're doing a Part 2 of this right? I actually only have 17 movies I could put on my Countdown List so I kinda need one!

We're doing a Part 2 of this right? I actually only have 17 movies I could put on my Countdown List so I kinda need one!
Yeah, let's do a Part 2, if everyone wants to? Ed said he would, I would. I bet @cricket and @Siddon would too.

For this HoF I went with two blind noms that didn't do well. I didn't even like them that much myself. So for Part 2 I'm going with A-material, with the hopes that some of you guys like it enough to make your Top Countdown list. So being thinking of your noms and I'll do the reveal in about 4 hours. I have to go back to work right now, I'm on a 30 minute lunch break and time is up.

....Does anyone think it slights a film to get inducted in a specialty HOF compared to a general? It just seems like a general winner is more prestigious to me, but of course, I'm probably taking this all too seriously, having been in so many.
I don't think it slights it, but like Cricket and Ed said the General HoF is the biggie. Raul you should join Part 2 of the Pre 30s HoF.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I don't think it slights it, but like Cricket and Ed said the General HoF is the biggie. Raul you should join Part 2 of the Pre 30s HoF.
That all depends on if I can wrap up the 19th and make a big dent in the animation one. Don't want too much on my plate but I would consider joining.

How much longer till the pre 1930s countdown. Think I've only seen about 23 films before 1930 so far.

That all depends on if I can wrap up the 19th and make a big dent in the animation one. Don't want too much on my plate but I would consider joining.

How much longer till the pre 1930s countdown. Think I've only seen about 23 films before 1930 so far.
Without looking I think you have a little over two months.

I will be in part two of this.

Yeah, let's do a Part 2, if everyone wants to? Ed said he would, I would. I bet @cricket and @Siddon would too.

For this HoF I went with two blind noms that didn't do well. I didn't even like them that much myself. So for Part 2 I'm going with A-material, with the hopes that some of you guys like it enough to make your Top Countdown list. So being thinking of your noms and I'll do the reveal in about 4 hours. I have to go back to work right now, I'm on a 30 minute lunch break and time is up.
Nice, I’m also doing two blind noms that are considered classics and I haven’t gotten around to seeing them.