Favorite previews?

Tools    

What is everyones favorite previews? Ones where it almost made you feel satisfied watching it, or left you begging for more.

My two favorites that I can think of off hand are

Pearl Harbor (Full with the original Hans Zimmer "Journey to the line" score)

and

Titanic

Now again, don't judge the movies. But the preview itself. Both of these trailers had me feeling as if I just watched a movie and loved it.

What are yours?

My ten favorite trailers are probably...
  • Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying & Love the Bomb
  • Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
  • The Long Goodbye
  • A Boy and His Dog - Sousa flashcuts
  • Monty Python & the Holy Grail - the Chinese restaurant
  • This Is Spinal Tap - cheese rolling
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Ghostbusters
  • Requiem for a Dream - teaser
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Holden, it's just "O Brother," not "Oh Brother." Yay, I found a mistake! Holden slipped up, and I corrected him! Oh crap...I feel so cold. I'm so very scared.

Anyway, there are SEVERAL LOTR:FOTR trailers that would be on my list. They're really mind-blowing. I think the "Monsters, Inc." trailer in front of Harry Potter was about as clever as any trailer can possibly be. I'm in awe of how perfect and funny it was. The second Potter trailer, too, gave me actual LITERAL goosebumps whenever I watched it. I just got them again now (really...I'm not kidding) thinking about it, with John Hurt's voice in the background:

"I think it is clear...that we can expect great things from you."

Yippee. You caught a typo a few minutes before I did. If you were here, I'd give you a cookie and a Pepsi.

I was using up all my brain cells to spell "restaurant" and John Philip "Sousa" correctly, so mission accomplished on my end.

Let me have my glory. I personally don't think of it as much of an accomplishment, but your reputation just sets you up for such things. Plus I happen to love that movie...otherwise I wouldn't have known for sure if it was wrong or not. Oh, another great trailer: "The Majestic."

My favorite trailers:

L.A. Confidential
Almost Famous
Man on the Moon
Being John Malkovich
Goodfellas
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (this one stands out because most pre-1990 trailers suck)

Now With Moveable Parts
I like the ones for Vanilla Sky and LOTR currently.

My old favs are:
*American Beauty( everytime I saw this preview I would annoy everone in the room by shouting at them to shut-up)
*Tomb Raider
*Starship Troopers( I know, I know...but there was that song...and the special effects...)
*Go
*Fight Club

I'm bored of this now...can I be done?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I personally don't have a favorite because I don't catch too many trailers.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
because you're a weirdo?

Um, do you have a DVD player?

Now With Moveable Parts
yeah spud...do you have a DVD player...hee-hee.

I'd have to say some of my favorite trailers of the top of my head would have to got to EYES WIDE SHUT'S teaser trailer cause I didn't want to know a lot about it I wanted to go into it as fresh as possible and that teaser was perfect it's basically just him in the masked ballroom and the camera goes around a column and hides what's going on the whole thing is played so mysteriously that it sucks you in you want to know what's happening.

and another fav of mine would be Alfred Hitchcock's FRENZY it's him floating in the water talking to the camera foolin around with potatoes sacks when some feet pop out of the bag and I think he says something like "I've heard of a leg of lamb before but never a leg of potatoes". also after a body falls out of a moving truck he comes from around a tree walks up to the body were some cops are stand over the body and she has a tie around her neck which was used to strangled her and he say "hey that's my tie" and proceeds to take the tie from the dead body and put it around his neck.

THE GAME teaser was super cool it's just a puppet on wires it just facinating cause it doen't tell you about anything but after you watch the movie it speaks volumes a super cool trailer in my opinion.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Vanilla Sky
Starship Troopers
From Hell
Requiem For a Dream:teaser
Memento
Final Destination
LOTR
Pitch Black
and the Episode 2 mystery trailer

Vanilla Sky and Brotherhood of the wolf.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
yeah spud...do you have a DVD player...hee-hee.
What kinda half-@ssed question is that??? Of course I do. Why would I be the head hancho of the dvd section on MoFo and not have a dvd player.

Sorry, just had to say that. I catch a few at the theater, but don't really watch the trailers on the DVD unless i'm really bored.

Teasers I like:

Spider-Man
Star Wars Episode 2
Scooby Doo

i'm with spud.......don't catch too many trailers.....and NO i don't have a DVD player.....(although i could watch one on my computer.....)

and LBJ......let's see, we'll give you "indigo" for text color.....ahem......i read your post and wanted to rib you on your one-long sentence descriptions...friendly ribbing ofcourse...i felt like i was running out of breath just reading! very stream of consciousness. i tend to write that way except that i use "dot dot dot" TO DEATH and happily. and i also wanted to second the Alfred Hitchcock intro's/trailers.......i love him and his oddness.

in truth, if my memory worked better i would be joining in with some favorite trailers ....

I think it's "honcho" Spud. And yeah, good calls: Scooby-Doo's teaser was hilarious. The "Pitch Black" trailer had me all excited, too...even though the movie dissapointed.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer

What kinda half-@ssed question is that??? Of course I do. Why would I be the head hancho of the dvd section on MoFo and not have a dvd player.

I believe it was a JOKE...seeing as how Art Dent was asking it seriously and I wasn't. Hello!? JOKE!

I liked Spiderman's trailer too.

Definitely have to concur with that one: the "Spider Man" teaser was awesome. Very, very clever. I went into "Final Fantasy" having already read that a "Spider Man" teaser would be playing in front of it, and it STILL shocked me. I thought it was something else altogether with that heist thing in the beginning. The usage of the towers and the way the chopper's blades were twitching like a fly...wow...sickingly perfect.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I believe it was a JOKE...seeing as how Art Dent was asking it seriously and I wasn't. Hello!? JOKE!

I liked Spiderman's trailer too.
No, I wasn't being serious. If you check his wording in the original statement, it's apparent he either forgot that DVD's come with trailers or he never knew in the first place. I was just subtly reminding him.