Most underated movie, actor, actress..

Tools    

And Crystal wasn't a basketball coach in Forget Paris, he's a NBA referee. In one of his on-the-job montages we see him ejecting Kareem Abdul Jabar from a game...

KAREEM: But this is my farewell game.

CRYSTAL: Then let me be the first to say, "Farewell!"

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

as soon as you said "Good Morning Vietnam" the scene were Robin Williams goes crazy on Bruno poped in my head.

[Lt. Steven Hauk uses Army jargon to refer to a press conference to be given by former Vice-President Nixon.]
Adrian Cronauer: Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause of the leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Your right I got them mixed up what did you think of him in "Borderline" I thought he was excellant in it.
________
Roll Blunts

aaarghhhh, i knew that!! as Homer Simpson would say........doh!
i was simply thinking sports- i do know he was a referee.........thanks Holden.
now, let's see, i can't leave this post without making some stupid error.........keep my streak going.....heh heh.........all in good time.

I'd like to put my buddy Glenn Ford into the mix of this very cool thread started by Patti

One of my favorite performance of his is when he play a revengful submarnie captain. out to sink a huge carrier putting his crew at risk and danger. The movies called Torpedo Run and it's a great little movie.

There ton's more roles he's played that are excellant Blackboard Jungle,The Big Heat his great performance in Superman and tons more.

what do you guys think about him?

the first thing i think of when i hear Glen Ford is one of my silly but favorite Bette Davis movies called
A Stolen Life.....she plays twin sisters..........Katy is goodhearted, shy, sincere, and falls in love with Glen Ford..........the "other" sister (Pat) is coldhearted, materialistic, aggressive, and nasty. Ford's character becomes "buddies" with the good sister but feels the "spark" when he meets the sexier twin.. he does what any man might do and marries the one who floats his boat.......only to become bitter and caught up in the trappings to keep her satisfied. can't spoil it for anybody who wants to check it out... put it on your list of classics to rent. it's a great movie......i just love movies like this.....and Bette Davis plays twins in a few movies......
but back to Ford- he is also great in the charming The Courtship of Eddies Father.......very sweet, and funny......

Thanks Patti I'll put that on my list. I own Dead Ringers with Bette Davis I haven't seen it yet but I think she plays twins in that one as well.

Here's another great actor Thomas Mitchell. This guy is one of the classic up-stagers in my opinion, always playing a memorable character in all his movies sometimes a drunk sometimes the guy with Wisdom but always a charmer. Not to many people will know who I'm talking about but those who do will appriacate his talent for being one of the most intriguing character actors of the 30's,40's & 50's.
________
Children Wellbutrin

give us a list of what he's been in.................ofcourse i could look it up but i'll leave the work for you LBJ.

Here's some of his more memorable roles Patti

Stagecoach (1939) Dr. Josiah Boone
High Noon (1952) Jonas Henderson
It's a Wonderful Life (1946) Uncle Billy
Gone with the Wind (1939) Gerald O'Hara
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) Diz Moore

I wonder if Holden likes this guy ?

I think Mitchell was an average character actor of his day. I don't remember him ever screwing up a role or being terribly miscast, but it's not a name I looked forward to seeing in the credits either. I don't really have much of a feeling about the man either way, good or bad. I probably liked him best in Hawks' Only Angels Have Wings, but even that wasn't a knockout performance or anything. He won his Oscar for Stagecoach, which is another role I thought he was fine in, but not spectacular.

I didn't read through all 9 pages of this so if someone already mentioned Brad Dourif then I apologize...

I do think he should be added to the list though, he's been fairly visible in film since "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" and most people would recognize him by sight but not by name.

I haven't seen him in much, but he does seem good...very creepy looking. He was good in "Myst 3: Exile," and in case anyone wants to know, he's appearing as Grima Wormtongue in "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers." More brilliant casting...he's a freaky looking dude as it is; he was born to play someone with a slimy air about him like that.

[quote]Originally posted by Toose
[b]I didn't read through all 9 pages of this so if someone already mentioned Brad Dourif then I apologize...

well, sades talked about BRAD Pitt, and i lamented my dour feelings that i just don't feel the zing most women feel when they look at Brad Pitt, and i'm sure we all used IF in a sentence or two........so......apology accepted.

this has to be one of the most useless posts in MoFo history- hey, it's a mood. it'll pass.

You didn't specify movie character or movie actors, so...

Ed O'Neil aka Al Bundy - the guy's a refined gentlemen in real life yet plays "Al" as if he was made for the role.

Noone else could play him. End.

TWTCommish I own that movie and Love it. I thought about putting it on a couple of times in the last couple of days.

I love the part with the Fireworks also the drewling, plus both pleat gun scenes and the whole thing about his ring.

Great Movie

Jack Black
funny and talented, and fat.