Most underated movie, actor, actress..

Tools    

See, that's the problem: we won't be able to find out. We'll never know, for example, if people like Brad Pitt for his talent (which is readily evident), or his looks (even more evident). For the record, I don't really watch many JLH movies. I only saw parts of "Heartbreakers" (which was quite funny, BTW), and I didn't see more than a few scenes of "Trojan War" or "Can't Hardly Wait." What I did see of the latter made me -- it's the only word for it -- sick. Very stupid movie...and JLH, I might add, was horrible in it.

Given the fact that I have no qualms about dissin' JLH for some of her past "performances," and can easily think of a dozen other young women her age I find more attractive (most of the time), I have to believe that I'm unbiased enough to make a fairly accurate judgement on her talent, or lack thereof.

Now With Moveable Parts
Hmmm. I just think that's one of the problems with Hollywood, to even break into the circle, you have to be fairly attractive. All of my favorites are pretty easy on the eyes, but just by chance. That's just because MOST of them, with a few exceptions(granted) are especially good looking;the nature of the beast, I guess. So with that in mind, being good looking is just the bare minimum...being good looking and being a great actor as well, is going above and beyond. That's why I have such a hard time agreeing with you. Looks is nothin' special in the biz...they all have it. You have to be better than that, or I just don't see you.

I pretty much agree. The whole lot of them are sure to have beautiful children. I think part of what makes them so attractive, though, is that they're famous and desired. It's a big ol' circle...Brad Pitt got noticed because he was good looking (maybe not...I'm just putting together a small example), becomes famous, and is considered even more attractive because he's famous. From that point on, it builds on itself. I think we have some famous people who are considered beautiful, who would most definitely not be if they were just people you ran into on the street.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah like I saw a pic of Meg Ryan in frumpy clothes and no make-up...she didn't look like anything special. Have you ever seen Oprah without her hair and make-up done? Yikes!!!!

It's very funny that you should mention Meg Ryan, because she's the exact person I was thinking of when I wrote that. I don't consider her to be particular attractive or beautiful. Maybe a tad more than your average person...but if so, not by much.

i saw a photo of Catherine Zeta Jones coming out of her movie trailer, early morning, no makeup and man!!!...whooooeeee......worse than Elizabeth Taylor on her worst day.
commish,sades,... it works the other way around too- take any average non-celebrity person and go to work with the make-up, lighting, and clothes, et.al. and they'd look beautiful too...in most cases, heh heh.

there are certainly different degrees of natural beauty though......Bo Derek....wowsa..she looks fantastic with nothing but lotion on.
i for one, as well as sades, and thmilin......now there are three examples of very high levels of natural beauty.....almost unfathomable.

Now With Moveable Parts
patti you are SO right. SO right.

Have you ever seen Oprah without her hair and make-up done? Yikes!!!!
Have you ever seen Oprah with her hair and make-up done? Yikes!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
LOL. Bigval...you're a riot!

Now With Moveable Parts
I miss it too...sent you one just now.

I could get you to wear some make-up. The secret is to wear it like you're not wearing it. I have fairly full lips though, if I'm wearing lipstick, people are going to know it. I have big 'ol eyes too...so I feel naked without some mascara...let's have a sleep over patti. We'll give each other make overs and facials. Then we'll talk about cute boys and famous people we'd like to be on a deserted island with...*sigh* That would be fun!

only if we can have a pillow fight and giggle a lot

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
only if we can have a pillow fight and giggle a lot
Well, that goes without saying! As does stuffing our faces with random junk food

B&W
4 the most underated actor, how about Dolph Lundgren?

Peace,

BWHA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Now THAT is funny, B&W.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
BWHA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Now THAT is funny, B&W.
Ohmigod...Holden posted a virtual/cyber laugh...weird and scary.

Oh, I like spelling out "Ha-Ha-Ha", which is how you could do it in a novel. I'm a big fan of onomatopoeia. And Roddy Doyle's Paddy Clarke, Ha Ha Ha is one of my favorite books.

But you'll never catch me using "LOL" and "ROTFLMAO". If I do ever type such things, get a pitchfork: pod people have replaced me.

*BTW, "BTW" for 'by the way' is about my only exception to this rule.

Now With Moveable Parts
LOL LOL-LOL-LOL...pod people...hee-hee...ROTFLMAO!

B&W
TWTCommish Dolph is the poor man's Ah-nuld.
Nar, more like the Destitute man's Ah-nuld.

Peace,

is this thread going to become one of those earbleeder's? if Dolf Lundgren is under-rated, would you also be a fan of Steven Seagall and that french egomaniac.......uhmmmmmm.......short, muscle head, arrogant..........oh yeah Jean-Claude Van Damme? how about the female equivalent...Stallone's one time wife...Bridgitte Nielsen?

i'm a big fan of onomatopoeia too, i do it all the time.....we all do to some degree......but i have fought the computer language acronyms.....i have a hard time knowing what they mean....it took me a while to find out what BTW meant, and the only one i've used myself is IMO (and IMHO). i have no idea what the other one that Holden and Sades used means.....i just feel kinda foolish not knowing.

i like the Bwahaaaa variations....i first saw Sultan using.....i think...but i know everyone uses it. i like it.

now as for under rated topic material: how about a couple of funny female's like Julia Louis Dreyfuss and Janeane Garafalo (individually ofcourse) they are both sooooo funny....in different ways...but i love them both.