Scary Movies: Experiences

Tools    

yeah,in the Omen, i wonder what kind of direction they gave the child who played Damian.........how did they tell him to act and look?........did they say "look intently........just stare as if you are watching a spider about to catch it's prey", or did they say.........."you're the devil incarnate......you're possessed- you're EVIL, EVIL, EVIL we tell you!!!!!"

and (yee gad) ZOOK, i agree that the shots of the stairs (Exorcist) were powerfully emotive .......the doorway to evil.

and Nightmare on Elm Streetdefinitely got under my skin, so to speak...... clearly, the age you are when you see scary flics can make a huge difference on their impact. when i was young and watching Batman and Robin everyday after school..........i actually thought i could call the TV studio (ABC< NBC OR CBS was about all there was then) and WARN Batman that the Penguin had set a trap for him , or that the Riddler was about to gas him....etc. Batman and Robin wasn't "scary" fare........but my age made me pretty vulnerable...........i don't know how young i was........but if i'd seen Nightmare on Elm Street or any of a host of others at that age.......whoa nelly...........!!!

Must agree with the Exorcist sentiments.... Other than that I don't get scared with "scary movies."

But, *gather around the fire kids*

I watched "Child's Play 1" at a party one time (when I was oh so much younger ) , and of course I was kidding away with those in the audience that were terrified of this running "My Buddy doll." After festivities had ended and I had dropped off some friends, I went home alone - fine. So I walk upstairs as I usually do, and then I opened the door to my room - **agghhhh** - I a fall back a step and hit the wall behind me... Ahh, I freakin' forgot I had a Chucky-like, Chuck-size doll w/ matching red clothing sitting on my bookcase, staring right at me... I got rid of that doll the next day; a gift to my adoring cousins --hehe. Funny to think how that movie was messing with my head...feh

I was messed with when I was younger...by the first "Leprechaun" movie. It was a sleepover when I was like 10, and there were like 5 of us there, watching the movie with the dad of the host's house (my friend Adam...who's the man, BTW). I was actually scared early on...can you believe that? I got used to it after awhile, though...it helped with everyone laughing at the little green guy every 15 minutes.

Now With Moveable Parts
I remember watching the television premier of MJ's video, Thriller. I was pretty young. After it was over, I was walking down the hall to my bedroom, and my dad jumped out of the hall closet and scared the holy crap out of me...my mom yelled at him...I was crying of course, and slept with the lights on. I bet my dad felt pretty bad.

House on Haunted Hill

Thriller?!! But the monsters and MJ are dancing together for chrissake! MJ's scarier now than when he was in Thriller... hehe, pretty funny...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
HAHA, good point traffic.

I remember seeing that video and it wasn't scary to me, just long.

Scariest movie I have ever seen wasn't a big movie (at least I don't think), Deep Star Six, this movie scared the crap out of me. Most of it was because I was home alone, and I live in one of those houses where a speck of dust will cause something to creak. It got to a certain part of the movie where I just couldn't watch anymore, so I waited til my parents came home before I finished it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
What?! Now we're arguing over what should scare each other? I'm telling you, I was scared. You can't make me feel stupid for being scared. I was really young for crying out loud...and there was dead people...dancing!

Originally posted by tiredoftraffic
MJ's scarier now than when he was in Thriller... hehe, pretty funny...
What on Earth is scary about a credit card?

Sades, hehe, sorry if I made you feel bad about Thriller But, hey, Spudracer was in it too, so he should take the blame -- j/k Spud, thanks for having my back !

But Sades, I can't help but remember MJ and the monsters slowly, lethargically, creeping up and then.... the shoulder jerk, the flailing arms with the twist of the wrist, the eight count, the head bob, and the ---they were freaking DANCING!! They weren't maiming, eating or pulverizing anyone, they were dancing, and with a funny kinda rhythm I might add... It's just kinda funny that's all.

Ok, now you know my job here is to be cruel... but it's all in good fun since I know you're cool *sucking up* and since I know you're the type that can take it, right? Aren't little friendly arguments more exciting anyway?

Silver Bullet, the credit card statement just flew over my head; I just didn't get it...

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by tiredoftraffic
Ok, now you know my job here is to be cruel... but it's all in good fun since I know you're cool *sucking up* and since I know you're the type that can take it, right? Aren't little friendly arguments more exciting anyway?

I was like EIGHT!!

yeah, I like a good argument, and I am the type who can take it, and I'm cooler than you'll EVER be, so tease away...just expect to get it back...in the PMs too...