Reviews, forget 'em?

Tools    

I just wrote a review and I was cautious because I didn't want to give anything away, but I've read some reviews and seen some trailers that practically give the entire movie away.

When you go to a movie do you remember what you saw or read about the movie beforehand or are you lost in the moment and forget you know what's going to happen next?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Sometimes what you see in the trailer isn't in the movie, so most people complain about that, but I could care less. Most of the time, the trailer is better than the movie. Most reviews are the opinion of the person writing it, they don't all like the same things I like so good majority of the time, I won't take their word for it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Beware the Moon
Very true I suppose. But to be honest some movie reviewers do try to give you a broader perspective than just good and bad based on whether they liked it or not.

Some reviewers won't even look at certain films because they aren't interested in them and only go for the big name/big budget films, which can get annoying at times and even then you are lucky if they tell you anything interesting.

That was the reason Glitz and I started our own movie review website, there didn't appear to be anyone who gave a full picture of what you were likely to get when you saw a film. Our first reviews were of our favourite genre's and since taking review requests we have branched out and have a diverse archive.

When we review a film we try to give as much relevant information as possible and rate the film on it's merits. (if it has any and without giving everything away)

And NO I'm not just trying to plug our site!

I dunno, I think it's good for some critics to avoid genres they know they hate. It wouldn't be fair for someone like me, for example, to go see a chick flick and then complain about it...simply because I don't like those kinds of movies, and therefore shouldn't review them, because it's not going to help anyone who DOES like those kinds of movies, and wants to know how it stacks up amongst the others in it's genre.