The Village

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by jrs
I sat down with my 44 oz. Root Beer and 8" Xtra cheeze pizza while the lights dimmed and got ready.
They let you bring your own food to the theaters?

I didnt enjoy The Village it really disappointed me

Damn we dont have any of those thats why my town sucks

i saw the movie 3 times, i am a shymalan buff.

The Film is amazing, but its marketing is the blame and is very misleading. The movie is not a horror film. It is a romantic suspense drama which i was hooked too. Whoever said Adrien Brody was a waste must be out of their minds. DID you follow his role and importance.
rating : 8/10

Originally Posted by jrs
There's a restaraunt in Cinemark.
Cinemarks are awesome like that. Even if they do take forever to make anything.

I was the only one of the 5 people that I saw this with that liked it. There were some big flaws (like every time Sigourney Weaver is on screen, seriously she was bad in this), but I felt the realtionship between Phoenix's Luscious Hunt and Howard's Ivy Walker was wonderful, and thought it brilliant of Shyamalan to make that such a central plot element.

Me and Garrett are seeing it today, and I for one hope it ends up better than what you've all said. If not, I've still got Signs.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Saw The Village last night and I must say that it is an absolutely brilliant social and political commentary. That part didn't sink in until about 1/2 hour after the film, but its poignantsy is evident once M. Night Shyamalan makes his cameo. For this reason I can easily say The Village is one of the most important movies of the decade.

Aside from its cleverly-disguised messages, The Village was also a beautifully shot, funny, and scary film. Shyamalan's best work yet, and my favourite movie at the moment.

Well honestly, this is his first film that I'm dissappointed in.
To be frank, it was too darn slow and the parts that were supposed to frighten were far and few between. As I left the movie I never heard one good thing said about it amonst the crowd. I did catch someone say that signs was worst than this one which caught me by surprise. Of course his other friends said "no way" and a small debate had begun. Anyways, I wouldn't even watch this on the tele when it comes out. You'll fall asleep withing the first hour. Yoda was right in a way. Not bad if you're just starting out but for an M. Night Shyamalan movie, no way.

The Satchel Snatcher's on the loose
I'll be one of the few to say that i'm a fan of this movie. One needs to understand the style that he uses to create his movies. Stylistically this movie is right up his ally. He uses silence and slow motion when he needs it the most to create the creepy sensation of being watched or followed by the creatures from the woods. I noticed many little camera tricks in this movie that were remenescent of Signs. This movie had Roger Deakins on board, who is an academy award nominiee from the Coen Brothers movies such as O'Brother.

WARNING: "The Village" spoilers below
The creatures from the woods looks freakin cool as hell too. i might be the only one that thinks that. The ending scene where Shamyalan is the director of the walker preserve, where you see his face in the glass door of the fridge, straight up Shamyalan....love it.

ADMIN NOTE: please use spoiler tags around any comments that could give ANYTHING about the movie away.

The Satchel Snatcher's on the loose
my bad...

Originally Posted by Yoda
It's up...discuss.

It Takes A Village
Amidst a hoard of rumors, alleged plot leaks, and even more hype, M. Night Shyamalan's The Village has some large shoes to fill, and an ambitious marketing campaign to live up to ...MORE

Great review...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I was dissapointed. The movie ending was too cliche.. besides the twist that the "town" is actually modern day and the "viallge" is purposely kept a secret and old-aged by the elders. The Elders also faked the entire "thoe who may not be spoken of" crap. Its hard to believe that nobody culd figure it out. I mean, even the mentally challenged guy had the power to almost murder lucius and steal the monster suits they use and he actually finds the girl in the woods. But hey she was blind so she probably went in circles for about an hour or two.

ADMIN NOTE: have some consideration, and don't post spoilers out in the open like that. It's rude as hell.

Just saw it. Def a love or hate movie.......me loved it!

Have some consideration?

The director didn't show any consideration when he tried to mess with my head. And make me think that it was actually in the past when it was really modern. And when nothing that happened was real. Red wasnt a bad color, and yellow wasnt good. He didn't consider that some people dont like being lied to damnit! And that the monsters are actually just the Elders in costumes.. well except for the last one who was actually the mentally challenged man.

You were warned not to post spoilers without notice. Now you've been banned.

Your little rant about the director not showing you consideration is silly, but even if it wasn't, how in the hell are you getting back at M. Night Shyamalan by being a dick and revealing the story for those who want to decide for themselves?

Parting shot: it's beyond bizarre to refer to a plot twist as a "lie." Shyamalan may have made a movie you don't care for, but you make it sound like he's violated you. Get a grip, man.

Chro2112, we hardly knew ye.

I miss it already.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Yoda
You were warned not to post spoilers without notice. Now you've been banned.
WoW. That's got to be a record. 2 posts.

I think this is a spoiler so...

If anyone has seen the movie and wouldn't mind helping me figure something out, please read this and reply to it.

Thank you.

I hope I haven't messed up...

A microphone was shown in many scenes. Was this an accident or did it mean something?

EDIT: To fix spoilers tags