The 11th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Oh, and I think this might be the first time in a HoF where I put another movie above my own nomination, so congrats Miss Vicky!

I never want myself to win and never just put my own nom above others to win the HoF. But my own nom is usually something I really really love, so having a movie I love even more in the HoF is going to be hard... but Her was that movie.

Just checked into the ida thing. I had 3x4ths listed instead of 3x5ths. Me, Cosmic and MV had it listed there. I had it down as that until i put it into the post then i changed it to 4 by accident. It changes nothing, it just goes from 83 to 78 giving Good Bye Lenin! a higher lead.

01.Her - 92 Points
02.Samurai Rebellion - 86 Points
03.Good Bye Lenin! - 85 Points
04.Ida - 78 Points
05.Moonrise Kingdom - 73 Points
06.The Flowers of War - 67 Points
07.Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 61 Points
08.Bringing Up Baby - 58 Points
09.Ronin - 49 Points
10.Bashu, The Little Stranger - 43 Points
11.The Dead Girl - 32 Points

Congrats Vicki! Not my fave Phoenix movie,but with him in the lead i dont mind it winning

Good Luck to Cricket on hosting the next one,i have some in mind already

Oh and i forgot to post my list. I don't even know where it is haha, think it was something like this though:

01.Bringing Up Baby
02.Moonrise Kingdom
03.Her

These are all time favourites and i could've had them in any order. I only really had them that way because i figured BB and Moonrise would need more help. In the end i could've had them in any order and it would'nt have changed anything.

04.Samurai Rebellion
05.Ida

These were the two first time watches i liked the most. There was a few things keeping both back from becoming favourites but i plan on watching them both again.

06.Good Bye Lenin!
07.Bashu The Little Stranger

These two were really good but i had a few problems with them.

08.The Flowers of War
09.Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
10.Ronin

There's alot to like about these three but i didn't get completely into any of them. The Flowers of War is kind of teetering between this group and the one above it.

11.The Dead Girl

The only one i didn't like.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I'm glad Her won this, by far the best film!

1. Her
  2. Moonrise Kindgom
  3. Goodbye Lenin
  4. The Flowers of War
  5. Bringing Up Baby
  6. Samurai Rebellion
  7. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  8. Ida
  9. Dead Girl
  10. Ronin
  11. Bashu

Her is a good movie, its well made and very conventional except for the science fiction elements. I knew it was going to "win" this HoF given the cultural background of the participants.

Not me, I had Bashu at #6. I assume the only person to rank it higher was Guap. Bashu was not perfect, but I really appreciated seeing an Iranian film shot in a remote region of that country. It was a good nomination.
Good nomination?

"Bashu, the Little Stranger was voted the "Best Iranian Film of all time" in November 1999 by a Persian movie magazine "Picture world" poll of 150 Iranian critics and professionals.[1]"

Its one of the most critically acclaimed films ever nominated in a HoF in this forum, although not particularly well know outside of Iran which is pretty sad. Instead, we have crackpot Iranian directors like Kiarostami that are famous in the west.

Good nomination?

"Bashu, the Little Stranger was voted the "Best Iranian Film of all time" in November 1999 by a Persian movie magazine "Picture world" poll of 150 Iranian critics and professionals.[1]"

Its one of the most critically acclaimed films ever nominated in a HoF in this forum, although not particularly well know outside of Iran which is pretty sad. We have crackpot Iranian directors like Kiarostami that are famous in the west.
You're lucky I gave it a 6th place on my voting list. Which was the second highest rating by a member. If the exact same film would have been made in America I would voted it dead last. It's not that great.

Given your cultural background its natural you wouldn't think it's great.

I wouldn't think its possible for Americans to make a movie such as Bashu, its very Iranian in its nature.

Its one of the most critically acclaimed films ever nominated in a HoF in this forum,
Why should the amount of acclaim it has play into anyone's enjoyment of it? And what makes it one of the most acclaimed in one of the HOFs?

If the exact same film would have been made in America I would voted it dead last.
What do you mean by this Citizen? Did you like it less than the five films you had below it but put it higher because it was Iranian? Sorry if that's not the case but that's what this comment sounds like.

...What do you mean by this Citizen? Did you like it less than the five films you had below it but put it higher because it was Iranian? Sorry if that's not the case but that's what this comment sounds like.
That's not the case. My enjoyment of the film was enhanced because it showed me something I had never seen before. I think Cricket actually said it best.

Bashu, the Little Stranger
One of the aspects I enjoyed most about this movie is the same thing I enjoy about my own nomination, and that's getting a glimpse at a different culture. I don't think this movie was made with nearly the same amount of skill, but I do believe the filmmakers probably did the best with the resources that were available to them.....I would say this was a very good movie, and because of it's obscurity, an even better nomination.

I like to see other voting list Where's Cricket's voting list, he usually post it, Cricket?
Sorry, forgot

11th Hall of Fame

1. Samurai Rebellion
2. Ida
3. Good Bye, Lenin!
4. Her
5. The Flowers of War
6. Moonrise Kingdom
7. Bashu the Little Stranger
8. Ronin
9. The Dead Girl
10. Bringing Up Baby
11. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Her is a good movie, its well made and very conventional except for the science fiction elements. I knew it was going to "win" this HoF given the cultural background of the participants.

Good nomination?

Its one of the most critically acclaimed films ever nominated in a HoF in this forum, although not particularly well know outside of Iran which is pretty sad. Instead, we have crackpot Iranian directors like Kiarostami that are famous in the west.
He actually calls it a good nomination but you rather want to tell people why it's a great - no wait - the best nomination ever in a HoF because it's the most critically acclaimed movie ever (in one country). Bravo.

It's not even funny no more how you are always gonna stir things up or start unneccessary discussions...