Film posters hung up

Tools    

Anyone have movie posters hung up in their house?

Can you please post some pics, thanks!
Neat idea for a thread...I believe @The Rodent once posted pics of his movie posters on his wall. I think one of them was The Day of the Triffids.

Neat idea for a thread...I believe @The Rodent once posted pics of his movie posters on his wall. I think one of them was The Day of the Triffids.
Yeah I got quite a few... need to see if I can find the pics.

Just had to take some new ones. I can't find the old pics
My living room basically from left and scanning right. Excuse the tobacco stains

You ready? You look ready.

I only have one poster up, and these are the best photos I have of it. xD

If it was Highlander I'd say "There can be only one..." but I think it still works regardless.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

If it was Highlander I'd say "There can be only one..."
The back of my Toyota...
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I basically had a vision of decorating an entire wall with movie posters. Unfortunately, Mr Next's vision for decorating was tastefully framed artwork. So we have a compromise, which is tastefully framed movie posters. The other issue is that they have to be films we both like, which narrows it down considerably. My favourite is probably my original Umbrellas of Cherbourg poster.

Just had to take some new ones. I can't find the old pics
My living room basically from left and scanning right. Excuse the tobacco stains

gosh ur pop vinyls . im a pop vinyl collector :P addicted to pop vinyls lol

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
When your walls are green you're asking for it...

My first attempt at photoshopping a picture. Needless to say, a pretty lousy one. But at least I gave you a The Fountain wallpaper and apparently you live in the Blade Runner world. Nice view from the window!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You ready? You look ready.
Haha, I am debating whether or not I am going to paint any of the rooms in my new house that same color. I actually picked that color fully intending on using it to green screen stuff, but then I never did

I have lots of posters, mostly in storage right now. Here is a list of what I had up in my first apartment in Portland, OR back in 2004...

These are the ones I currently have hanging about my house:

Pennies From Heaven (1981)
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982)
Hamlet (1996)
Rushmore (1998)
The Limey (1999)
A Thousand Clowns (1965)
Modern Romance (1981)
BladeRunner (1982)
Night Moves (1975)
Prime Cut (1972)
The Long Goodbye (1973)
The King of Comedy (1983)
and lobby cards from Day for Night, The Last Waltz, The Wild Bunch, Odd Man Out and Zero Hour.

I have other stuff that isn't up on walls at present.
These days I only hang them if I have them framed. Currently I only have one room, an office, with any of the framed ones up...

In case the glare makes those unclear they are Herbert Ross' Pennies from Heaven, Carl Reiner's Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, two different La La Lands, Branaugh's Hamlet, and a Janus Films 50th anniversary poster featuring Truffaut's Jules & Jim. I have so many more in storage. Three tubes worth. Plus another couple that are framed: Dr. Strangelove and Young Frankenstein.

When I was a kid I was the guy who had every inch of wall, door, and ceiling space covered in music, television, and mostly movie stuff, lots of posters but also stuff cut out of magazines and whatever. I have not yet found a photograph of my room back then in all its glory. It took two full days of patching to fill all of the pin and nail holes when I moved out.

Someday my wife and I will get a new house and when we do I get a proper movie room to go nuts in. For now, just these six are up.

I plan on getting Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe and Raquel Welch.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I would love to hang a movie poster in my room. But, I know my mum, she will through me out from her house. If I do so.