Was "The spy who loved me" the peak of roger moore as james bond?

Tools    

I personally think this over the top classic film goes down as one of the best entries for roger moore as james bond, i personally am very fond of this film, i really enjoy every scene, and the gadgets are insanely good, never mind the lotus that dives and becomes a submarine, for me one of the best james bond scenes ever.
Have your say.

A system of cells interlinked
Definitely my favorite of the bunch that star Moore...

I’ve never seen a Bond movie.

No, that’s not true. I did see the very 1st one with Daniel Craig, which I think I enjoyed IIRC.

I personally think this over the top classic film goes down as one of the best entries for roger moore as james bond, i personally am very fond of this film, i really enjoy every scene, and the gadgets are insanely good, never mind the lotus that dives and becomes a submarine, for me one of the best james bond scenes ever.
Have your say.
It's my second favourite Bond film (after Licence to Kill) and has my third favourite Bond girl (Barbara Bach; after Sophie Marceau and Olga Kurylenko) . Great score too. The Moore films benefited from only using John Barry every other film – fantastic as he is.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The Spy Who Loved Me I think is my 3rd or 4th favorite Bond movie, and no other Moore movie is higher, so yeah it was his peak.

Personally, I liked Octopussy and perhaps Live and Let Die more.

But in general, objectively speaking, yes, The Spy Who Loved Me was the definitive Roger Moore film, in terms of acclaim from critics and fans. It checked every single box of a classic Bond film, and it struck a balance between funny and serious. And Jaws of course.