do u think Speed (1994) still holds up really well ?

Tools    

This part alone means I can't give it anything less than
Well mate i have to agree with u about the ending, it could have been a little more climactic but it can t be any othr then this premise since dennis hopper is alone in this film, he doesn t have any accomplices or anythinf

Yes, Speed still holds up extremely well today. It's a timeless action classic with an entirely original concept.

To answer the above question, no, Die Hard is better than Speed... and Die Hard is one of a kind.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think it does. Aside from Nolan's Batman trilogy (if those count as the action genre), I don't think any action movies have beaten Speed, since.

Welcome to the human race...
This is a good article about why it's the best/most important action movie of 1994.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
That was a really great article...

...until they take a major S on True Lies. I would find it hard to believe that it is unwatchable today.

Welcome to the human race...
I see where he's coming from, the action itself is still solid but the politics of the narrative are...questionable, to say the least.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The only aspect of the film I do not like is when it makes the inane jump over the missing part of the highway. The front of the bus jumping that high? Come on.

Everything else I'm on board for.

True Lies is the odd film in Cameron's filmography. It's also one I loved.

Suspect's Reviews

'relationships which begin under intense circumstances don't last'---i liked the quote from that film .

He's banned now mate.

I think Speed was very fun the last time i watched it like 9 years ago. Probably still would be.

Also it should have been called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down"!
is scifi slob still banned for that reaction lol

Bought this on DVD recently.
Yep. Definitely holds up well.

What's good with it, is it's totally silly, yet played seriously. Makes it all the more fun.
Plus, Sandra's Bollocks are super cute too.

"There's a gap in the freeway..."

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Saw it a couple years ago and was surprised by how good the relentless pace was so yes imo it does. For comparison....I don’t think point break does if I just don’t really like it.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Speed is still one of my most favorite action movies of all time, and I think it actually out Die Hards Die Hard. Yes I just said that.

Bought this on DVD recently.
Yep. Definitely holds up well.

What's good with it, is it's totally silly, yet played seriously. Makes it all the more fun.
Plus, Sandra's Bollocks are super cute too.
why would u get it on dvd when u can watch it on bluray :P

Heck, my re-watch watch was almost 10 years ago. And I still liked it then. I would give it a thumbs up even now. Nowadays action means mostly orgy of rope tricks and a whole of CGI. I wonder how the stuntmen would make a living in the future!