Who will take on Obama in 2012?

Tools    

EDIT: next few posts moved from The Shoutbox.

On 60 minutes Rommney said its fair that he pays same tax rate as someone making 50K

Originally Posted by donniedarko
On 60 minutes Rommney said its fair that he pays same tax rate as someone making 50K
If his income is purely from investments, then it is. Investments = good, so we have a tax code that encourages them. To say nothing of the fact that the invested income was taxed the first time he made it, too, at the higher rate.

All that said, we've already got threads on the election for you to drop this stuff into. If you wanna talk tax policy, I'm game.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Originally Posted by donniedarko
If his income is purely from investments, then it is. Investments = good, so we have a tax code that encourages them. To say nothing of the fact that the invested income was taxed the first time he made it, too, at the higher rate.

All that said, we've already got threads on the election for you to drop this stuff into. If you wanna talk tax policy, I'm game.
Yoda, you should have been a fighter..lol!

Semper Fooey
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57500221/bain-capitals-tax-breaks-are-they-legal/

Boy some conservative Mitt turned out to be, doesn't he realize that giving handouts to people devastated by natural disasters, only gives them incentive to live in coastal areas. Way to create freeloaders, and promote redistribution of wealth.

I just pray that all of the people on the East coast, who have been displaced and have no homes to return to, don't accept Federal funding and increase the debt on our children.

...uh the post is up there...

Semper Fooey
In a close election that might hurt him.

Disaster relief is not handouts. I know you want to act like every conservative is trying to return us to some Hobbesian state of nature, because that's a lot easier to argue with, but it isn't reality. Arguing with caricatures is what people do when they don't want to grapple with the complexities of the world.

Boy some conservative Mitt turned out to be, doesn't he realize that giving handouts to people devastated by natural disasters, only gives them incentive to live in coastal areas. Way to create freeloaders, and promote redistribution of wealth.
I never thought I'd defend Romney (christ), but really? Motives aside, this is hard to label as bad not to mention this isn't the thing increasing the debt of the country. The only people who give themselves incentives to stay on the coast are the people themselves; they could very well take that money and move inland or not take the money and move inland. People in New Orleans didn't move, but you can't blame the government for that as well. This is the kind of thinking caused by giving a sh*t about party affiliation.

I never thought I'd defend Romney (christ), .
Beforehand Yoda got up me, taking the Lords name in vain! Is there a double standard here or not?

Er, no. I just asked you to stop swearing constantly in general. There's not a rule against it this, specifically, which is why I didn't delete anything of yours or threaten to ban you or anything.

But if you have a complaint about standards, this is hardly the place to post it, anyway.

I just think it's cute when the Capitalist class, you're Clintons, Obamas, and Romney's, go to their charity events, pretending to be concerned about the downtrodden when they continually support a system predicated on exploitation and reliant on concentrating profits in the hands of property owners. I have a feeling, had he not been running he wouldn't be doing this. For sure. Political calculation.

Yeah, I'm totally feeling exploited, reading that on my iPad.
Why don't you ask the third world laborer's who assembled your iPad, as per the profit-motive?

Good idea. You can come with me, and ask them what awesome job they had lined up before. I'm sure they all quit jobs as upper middle class graphic designers to be exploited manufacturing things.

Good idea. You can come with me, and ask them what awesome job they had lined up before. I'm sure they all quit jobs as upper middle class graphic designers to be exploited manufacturing things.
Yeah, utilizing underdelvoped nations with little oversight is so much better than maybe trying to increase their standard of living. That's just dumb. Offering pennies on the dollar for borderline slave labor, under threat of starvation is awesome. YAY! Capitalism!

Damn! - The middle-class has grown so much. We are neither homeless nor are we billionaires.. Sucks to be in the middle sometimes.

Yeah, utilizing underdelvoped nations with little oversight is so much better than maybe trying to increase their standard of living. That's just dumb. Offering pennies on the dollar for borderline slave labor, under threat of starvation is awesome. YAY! Capitalism!
Giving people better jobs than they had is increasing their standard of living. That's why they're, you know, willing to take them.

Giving people better jobs than they had is increasing their standard of living. That's why they're, you know, willing to take them.
So nevermind the fact that work conditions are poor, and just forget about that whole exploitation thing, you know giving less money for more labor. It's still fine, as long as they give them something, I guess. Then what do you have against Communism, that provides work for those that otherwise would be left jobless in a free market system?

So nevermind the fact that work conditions are poor, and just forget about that whole exploitation thing, you know giving less money for more labor. It's still fine, as long as they give them something, I guess. Then what do you have against Communism, that provides work for those that otherwise be left jobless in a free market system?
Talk about calling the kettle black - want to mow my yard for $5?