Coronavirus

Tools    

Yes, Covid is spreading very quickly. I am covid positive.
And banned too. This was quick.

Almost exactly 2 months until the first day of Spring (which will put us on par with the extent of the Spanish Flu which did not have the benefits of treatments or vaccines, and hopefully marking the end of Covid-19 at pandemic proportions).

Let the countdown continue!

Almost exactly 2 months until the first day of Spring
Cannot wait. Today’s weather in Connecticut was BRUTAL.

Ugh. So the day I tested positive, I had a phone appointment with a doctor who told me to isolate and retest in 7 days - which would be on January 25th. If the test is negative, I can end isolation. If it is positive, I have to isolate an additional 5 days. Well I've been feeling fine the last couple of days and have been bored and actually itching to go back to work (never thought I'd say that) so I thought surely it'll be negative, right? Nope. Still positive.

And, of course, my state's Covid sick pay expired in September so the only sick time I have available are the 24 hours of regular sick time my job is legally required to pay out per year. F***.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Ugh. So the day I tested positive, I had a phone appointment with a doctor who told me to isolate and retest in 7 days - which would be on January 25th. If the test is negative, I can end isolation. If it is positive, I have to isolate an additional 5 days. Well I've been feeling fine the last couple of days and have been bored and actually itching to go back to work (never thought I'd say that) so I thought surely it'll be negative, right? Nope. Still positive.

And, of course, my state's Covid sick pay expired in September so the only sick time I have available are the 24 hours of regular sick time my job is legally required to pay out per year. F***.
I'd read somewhere that people can test positive for quite a while after having Covid. That doesn't mean they're still contagious, though. Can you look into this? Also, was it a rapid test? Those are the least reliable. Just a few thoughts... Sorry you're going through this!

Maybe someone can explain this obsession with testing to me...

If you're feeling sick with the symptoms of any type of contagious illness (like a cold or flu), medical advice & common sense dictates to stay away from others until you feel better (i.e. don't go to work), drink lots of fluids, get a lot of rest, if symptoms become extreme (very high fever, trouble breathing, nonstop vomiting or diarrhea, etc.) go to the hospital.

But it you test positive for Covid and reveal those results to a Dr., the Dr. will tell you to stay away from others until you feel better (don't go to work), drink lots of fluids, get a lot of rest, if symptoms become extreme (very high fever, trouble breathing, nonstop vomiting or diarrhea, etc.) go to the hospital.

So, what's the difference?

I'd read somewhere that people can test positive for quite a while after having Covid. That doesn't mean they're still contagious, though. Can you look into this? Also, was it a rapid test? Those are the least reliable. Just a few thoughts... Sorry you're going through this!
My understanding is that you can have positive PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test results for a long time (months, even) after recovering, but not with the rapid antigen tests. Also from what I have read, the rapid tests are known to have fairly high rates of false negative results but not false positive. Either way, I’m operating under a doctor’s instructions and I am not going to risk infecting my coworkers, especially since the whole business will have to close if my boss gets it (single doctor veterinary practice).

The Adventure Starts Here!
My understanding is that you can have positive PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test results for a long time (months, even) after recovering, but not with the rapid antigen tests. Also from what I have read, the rapid tests are known to have fairly high rates of false negative results but not false positive. Either way, I’m operating under a doctor’s instructions and I am not going to risk infecting my coworkers, especially since the whole business will have to close if my boss gets it (single doctor veterinary practice).
Oh gosh, I didn't mean to suggest going against your doctor, who would rightly be cautious. But I find it frustrating that various doctors come to such different conclusions about how to handle things. Hubby was told five days by his place of work (a nuke plant), but he took the full ten. For one thing, he was still a bit fatigued. For another, he didn't want to be THAT GUY who started a superspreader at a place that employs many hundreds of people.

His doctor had virtually no opinion either way. Weird.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Does anyone know of any businesses that don't require testing for vaccinated employees when a co-worker tests positive?

Hubby's co-worker tested positive, but the boss told Hubby that he doesn't have to get tested because he's vaccinated. I've never heard that before.

Does anyone know of any businesses that don't require testing for vaccinated employees when a co-worker tests positive?

Hubby's co-worker tested positive, but the boss told Hubby that he doesn't have to get tested because he's vaccinated. I've never heard that before.
Interesting question, but I don’t have an answer. Does anyone else?

I believe that was the CDC recommendation pre Omni- not sure if it's been changed since

I don't know any businesses that do require it. In fact, everybody I know who has tested positive, including teachers and medical professionals, don't even need a negative test to go back to work. 5 days since symptoms started and feel better? Ok come to work and wear a mask for a few days.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I don't know any businesses that do require it. In fact, everybody I know who has tested positive, including teachers and medical professionals, don't even need a negative test to go back to work. 5 days since symptoms started and feel better? Ok come to work and wear a mask for a few days.

So there's no longer a requirement for people to get tested when they were near someone who tested positive? No wonder it's spreading so fast.

How do they expect this pandemic to ever end if people don't have to get tested when they could be carriers, or quarantine when they test positive?

That odd moment where you don't actually disagree with the nazis.
What's the censorship about, in the graphic I mean? Just interested.

It's the internet address of the neonazi group.
Cool. I'm glad they're on the radar. I don't like them either.

"U.S. Has Far Higher Covid Death Rate Than Other Wealthy Countries"

Which is completely nuts for a wealthier country like America. I wonder why we're doing so poorly here with the pandemic? Actually I can guess.

Newstory link
In case anyone cares.