Quentin Tarantino Top 10

Tools    

Victim of The Night
Hmmm. At first I hated him in "The Fifth Element" but has grown on me over re-watches. I'd put JB right after that.
Oh, I think he's brilliant in that. I was actually gonna post that his best role was actually tFE.

Jackie Brown, like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, gets a lot of mileage out of just spending time with its characters. It helps that its stars are giving career best performances, but they are attentive to said performances to a greater degree than his other films. You'll notice how many key shots in Jackie Brown are just closeups of the actors thinking.

Their pleasures are perhaps less boisterous than Tarantino's others (although I'd argue there's still plenty of his stylishness, particularly the mall scene), but they're still very real.
Indeed; I mean, when Max tells Jackie about his experience of waiting for a guy in an apartment that smells like cat pee, and how that was the moment that convinced him to quit being a bail bondsman, I think that one scene has more character development in it than the 2 & 1/2 hour entirety of Basterds.

Ya know, no matter how many times I watch it, I can never figure out the sub-cult of people who think it's Tarantino's best film. It remains, after several attempts to appreciate it, my least favorite of his movies that I actually like.
I only actually liked those two films. Otherwise I'm not really a fan of his work.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Do we trust you to comment objectively about this one?

Despite it being my name, I'm realistic - it's obviously not my favorite Tarantino movie. But it does irritate me when someone calls it his worst.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Victim of The Night
Despite it being my name, I'm realistic - it's obviously not my favorite Tarantino movie. But it does irritate me when someone calls it his worst.
That sticks in my craw a bit as well, as I think every one of his films that has come since DP has been worse than DP.

I'd put Death Proof in the middle of Tarantino's filmography as I also think it's pretty good. I think the main criticisms it gets (too talky and too slow) aren't particularly sound arguments which barely assess any of the underlying themes or strategies of the film.

The trick is not minding
Didn’t care for Deathproof. For me, it started a bad to mediocre run of films that includes Django and Hateful Eight.

Now, I freely admit it might be due for a rewatch, considering I wasn’t familiar with grid house films at that time. Although I doubt it’ll improve that much.

Victim of The Night
Didn’t care for Deathproof. For me, it started a bad to mediocre run of films that includes Django and Hateful Eight.

Now, I freely admit it might be due for a rewatch, considering I wasn’t familiar with grid house films at that time. Although I doubt it’ll improve that much.
Well, I thought of it as him taking a little timeout and making something small and fun after Kill Bill, which I thought he succeeded at. I take it on its own terms and I enjoy it for what it is. It was when he came back from it, to me, that he went to ****.

The trick is not minding
Well, I thought of it as him taking a little timeout and making something small and fun after Kill Bill, which I thought he succeeded at. I take it on its own terms and I enjoy it for what it is. It was when he came back from it, to me, that he went to ****.
Sure, I can take it a film on its own terms as well, but it also should meet my terms. A film meetings it’s own terms alone doesn’t solely define the films success.

fanboy here:

9. Django Unchained
8. The Hateful Eight
7. Death Proof
6. Inglourious Basterds
5. Reservoir Dogs
4. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
3. Jackie Brown
2. Kill Bill
1. Pulp Fiction

Now I have to get through Django Unchained. I want to see it, but I avoided it for a while because I have a really hard time getting through movies with scenes involving racial abuse. I had to pause Corman's The Intruder like fifteen times just to cool off. I hate racism THAT MUCH. The only exception to this emotional habit of mine is any Moses movie because I grew up with the story (in fact, that might've been the story that built my hatred for racism into me really early in my life, but I probably would've come to the same conclusion without it anyway). I couldn't even get a half-hour into The Pianist.

I just finished Django Unchained. I'll have to think about my top 10 and rearrange a couple things. I need to see Inglourious Basterds again, and maybe Once.

1. Kill bill vol 1
2. Jackie Brown
3. Kill bill vol 2
4. Death Proof
5. Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill vol 1 is epic
And Jackie brown i think is his most solid grounded film really good.

I appreciate Pulp Fiction but the last time i tried to watch it i couldnt finish it felt "to cool for me" whatever that means just how it felt.

Never cared for Reservoir Dogs

only his movies i like is Pulp Fiction =/

I don't agree, but I do understand the sentiment.

1. Pulp Fiction - 100
2. Django Unchained - 98
3. Reservoir Dogs - 96
4. Inglourious Basterd - 97
5. Kill Bil, Vol. 2 - 91
6. The Hateful Eight - 87
7. Jackie Brown - 85
8. Kill Bill, Vol. 1 - 85
9. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 81
10. Death Proof - 64