The Village

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Yoda
I'm under instructions not to reveal anything until the movie's been released, so I'll have a review up tomorrow.
Who's instructions?

I saw an early screening at the Loews Waterfront Theater. The representatives there told each person admitted not to reveal anything about the movie until its release.

well that's lame!
like they would know who u are in cyber space.
come on man spill the beans i'm dying to know what u know =)

Originally Posted by Mer De Noms
well that's lame!
I'm seeing it tomorrow night and it better be good. So far M. Night Shyamalan's movies are 3 for 3 with me and I'm expecting it to be 4 for 4 around midnight tomorrow.

Well, I just watched The viallge and let me tell you that, this movie is not scary neither is very suspensful, it's more like a drama but; overall is good but not what I expected, can i say the big twist ?

Originally Posted by Yoda
I saw an early screening at the Loews Waterfront Theater. The representatives there told each person admitted not to reveal anything about the movie until its release.
At least, was it as good as you expected?

Saw it tonight...I'll keep my opinions to myself until more people have seen it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Saw it tonight...I'll keep my opinions to myself until more people have seen it.
You saw it too? Lucky bum.

Enemies are so stimulating.
i cant wait to see this movie, i love hedgehogs...they're so cute. especially when they are wearing clothes...
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

It started at midnight last night here. If I knew earlier I would have maybe gone.

Originally Posted by Madjoker
Well, I just watched The viallge and let me tell you that, this movie is not scary neither is very suspensful, it's more like a drama

M.Night himself did say that The Villiage is "more of a" romantic/drama than anything else.
I'm seeing this later today so I'll judge for myself.

Bad Morther****er
Yoda I agree with your take on the movie, for the most part. I'll say a major disapointment for me was the character of Noah. I think Adrien Brody did a good job with what he was given, but his character became unbelievable during the end of the film. I also thought the twist was foreshadowed too much. I had a pretty good idea about what it was about 2/3 of the way through the film. But all and all it was a good effort.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Mer De Noms
well that's lame!
Oh, so it's ok to do underhanded things as long as you get away with it... Something is lame alright....

Anyway, good review Yods!! We are seeing it this weekend, hopefully won't be let down to much....

Hey, I'm new. The reason I joined because I have a lot to say about The Village.

I have to start by saying first that I am a huge Shyamlan fan. He grabbed my attention because I am from the Philly area, so it is really cool to see someone from the same area making great movies and in the Philadelphia area.

When the movie ended I knew people were either going to love it or hate it. Most of the people I saw it with didn't like it, and I said something similar to what Yoda mentions in his review - there is a lot of pressure of Shyamalan to out do himself, to make an even bigger twist to amaze the audience. If this movie didn't have his name attached to it, I think the reaction would be totally different.

I think the way the movie was marketed is misleading. It was made out to be a very horror-filled film, with Joaquin Phoenix playing a large role. I think that threw a lot of people off.

I found this movie to be unique. It may not have been as scary as people were expecting, but I think it delivers as a film that keeps you thinking. I read a review that said this was "hands down the worst film of the year." I think that is absolutely rediculous.

Shyamlan wrote a directed a beautiful film that, if anything, fell victim to misleading advertising but if the audience can get over that, they will see an intriguing film.

Mandee.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Here's a quote from the film:

"Try your best not to scream..."

I need not try... hands down, this movie su-ucked! -1/10

I look at it this way... it's basically a scarier version of Scooby-Doo... minus Scooby and the gang and the word "scarier". The only good actor was Adrian Brody, who was in fact retarded. (Now I'm going to get lynched for saying "retarded") If you liked this film, you might as well like every bad movie Hollywood has produced... *cough cough* Caddyshack II...

What a piece of sh*t !!!

When walking in to see The Villiage, I automatically had a sense of discomfort. I sat down with my 44 oz. Root Beer and 8" Xtra cheeze pizza while the lights dimmed and got ready.
Noah (Adrian Brody) seemed to be somewhat of a waste of character for this movie. The character that really stood out , was Ivy Elizabeth Walker (Bryce Dallas Howard). She literally stole the show.
The Villiage dragged on too much in some places, it was very predictable, and as for the ending????? Please, don't get me started. The ending was terrible!!! I didn't see any "twist" ending people say this movie supposedly has.

The best part of the whole entire experience???? The Batman Begins teaser trailer of course

The Villiage
- for the teaser.