Terminator trilogy

→ in
Tools    

I don't know if there is someone else in the world that is a big fan of the first two terminator that I am but if there are I wish you to answer those question or else, juste think about what I'm saying here.
First, I liked the terminator 3 for on big reason: the end. I think this was the only way to end a story like that. But there is some missing parts or if you prefer,errors in the screen play. I'm sure that it's because of the missing James in the writing of the screen play but anyway, those errors should have been seen before. First the age of John Connor... Am I the only person in the world who had seen white on black on the police's car computer screen that the age of John Connor was 10 at this time. So if we go back in the past in 1984 when the first Terminator came in. Sarah and Kyle made John in 1984, so she had John probably in 1985. 10 years later, we are in 1995 (even if the movie was made in 1991 ) and now with the third movie out, we are in 2004, BUT John clame that he was 13 years old when the second terminator came in... and that now he have 25 years old what the f*ck ? I think that those wo did the screnwriting shoud have ask Mr Cameron just to aprove the story...
I don't know if you are like me, but did you ever notice that when a movie talk about past present and future, it is always hard to figure the way that it is tell. There are different type of belives with that. First there is people who thinks that we make choices and that the future is not written (like back to the future) and there is, on another hand, those who think that we are here to accomplish a desteny (witch we did't think at first it was the case in the first two terminator but it always has been this way. The proof is : it has to be a first time to the story... John is part of Sarah and Kyle because if he wasn't there will be no John. So Kyle has to be there the first time that 1985 happen. But if the future is not written Kyle would not have been there because he was not born yet. I know that it's complicated but it's the way I see it. I don't know if you had read Harry Potter and the prisonner of Azkaban, but it's the same thing that I'm trying to say here, Harry saw himself before it happen.) So, I think that the thrid script have a litte bit throw away some of the rules that were establish in the first 2. First the war had not explode in 1997, but why! If the future was written, the was HAS to be in 1997, not in 2004. Or, if the future was written, then they must have known that the war should has been in 1997 BUT has been stoped by John and Sarah and reported in 2004. Mayby you think that I'm a little bit freak !! Then I am ! . The only thing that make me said thing like this is because I have seen Terminator 1 50 times and terminator 2 over 100 times so when I saw the third one I ask some questions to myself in 10 years so that now I can expose those to you.. Am I crazy ? So the story beside, the third movie was full of action and Has not been made for the fan of the work of James Cameron. Like I said before, The ending was great and I think that I would have been very angry if the story had an happy ending with flowers and sun!!

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I definitely got what you were saying about the time-character screw up. I picked up on that right away. How can Kyle go back and have sex with Sarah Connor to make John when he was part of a happening that was directed by John and was sent by John himself? Realistically, that would mean that Kyle was originally not destined to be John's father. So so-much for that destiny crap. When it comes to Cameron, I'm with you paly boy. I think the first two were the best. Especially the second one. That movie was one of the best sequals in movie history. Probably also the biggest action movie ever made too. The third one in my opinion was an embarrassment. The script was really bad and the T-X was a joke. She didn't really have a big part in the movie. She was just kind of annoying. And the worst part of that is the main focus was a drag anyway. For instance, why did they give John Connor a pre-destined wife and put them together with that horrible "Mike Cripky's basement" story. That was awful. I think they personally should have made only a small part of the movie in the past and most of the movie in the future. I think it was a mistake to make the whole movie in the past because they did that already twice and this whole "Skynets sending yet another terminator to finish the job" definitely lost its luster in the third one and just looked like an easy-way to write in action with an old predictable story (for the most part).
And there was also a lot more things in the third one that didn't make any sense than the last two. And I can't stand how they made Arnold look so stupid in it. He actually said, "Excuse me". Are you kidding? Do you NOT want people to see this movie or what? I think they toned down the inter-human violence but ramped up the harmless violence like blowing up cars and stuff. That made it seem more like a second-rate action movie too. I think Arnold might've had something to do with that because he was running for governor shortly after that. I think they made it more audience friendly to help make him look like an okay guy for the election.
Another thing I hated in the third one was that woman supremacy crap they tried to pull. For example, when the T-X grabs Arnold by the Groind. They were probably doing that to have a more even audience sexually but I think it also amounted the to movie's failure for sequal perfection.
Also notice this, the T-X had less lines than Arnold did in the first one when he could barely speak English. She really wasn't convincing and was a bad script-move to put in as a character. I never thought she looked intimidating in the movie even with all those gadgets.
Also, I'd like to know how Skynet was invented if the whole Skynet team descining it was obliterated in the second one along with all the files and software. It was a cool 21'st twist they made though, making the machines actually start to rebel first in software programs before the physical machines were taken over by the network. Tacky, yes but interesting.
I think personally in the third one, they needed to take a whole new direction than the last two. Maybe perhaps even a different feel for the movie if it worked with the screenplay. But one thing they should have never done was screw with the Terminator Soundtrack! I can't believe they gave it a new soundtrack in the third one. I hope it was because they couldn't get the rights because I noticed that pretty quickly in the beginning that the familiar terminator song was gone. It also didn't have a big beginning either. The Second one did and it was superb. The third one I guess, bottom line...didn't feel real like the first two. The first two really made it come to life and it had that gritty feeling of reality to it which I loved. The third one was too polished and seemed to cater to a younger audience. It wasn't a serious movie at all like the first two. I just think it was a big dissapointment and pretty much awful but it didn't ruin the trilogy. It wasn't that bad. It was just an undeniably bad sequal. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by alias
I don't know if there is someone else in the world that is a big fan of the first two terminator that I am but if there are I wish you to answer those question or else, juste think about what I'm saying here.
First, I liked the terminator 3 for on big reason: the end. I think this was the only way to end a story like that. But there is some missing parts or if you prefer,errors in the screen play. I'm sure that it's because of the missing James in the writing of the screen play but anyway, those errors should have been seen before. First the age of John Connor... Am I the only person in the world who had seen white on black on the police's car computer screen that the age of John Connor was 10 at this time. So if we go back in the past in 1984 when the first Terminator came in. Sarah and Kyle made John in 1984, so she had John probably in 1985. 10 years later, we are in 1995 (even if the movie was made in 1991 ) and now with the third movie out, we are in 2004, BUT John clame that he was 13 years old when the second terminator came in... and that now he have 25 years old what the f*ck ? I think that those wo did the screnwriting shoud have ask Mr Cameron just to aprove the story...
I don't know if you are like me, but did you ever notice that when a movie talk about past present and future, it is always hard to figure the way that it is tell. There are different type of belives with that. First there is people who thinks that we make choices and that the future is not written (like back to the future) and there is, on another hand, those who think that we are here to accomplish a desteny (witch we did't think at first it was the case in the first two terminator but it always has been this way. The proof is : it has to be a first time to the story... John is part of Sarah and Kyle because if he wasn't there will be no John. So Kyle has to be there the first time that 1985 happen. But if the future is not written Kyle would not have been there because he was not born yet. I know that it's complicated but it's the way I see it. I don't know if you had read Harry Potter and the prisonner of Azkaban, but it's the same thing that I'm trying to say here, Harry saw himself before it happen.) So, I think that the thrid script have a litte bit throw away some of the rules that were establish in the first 2. First the war had not explode in 1997, but why! If the future was written, the was HAS to be in 1997, not in 2004. Or, if the future was written, then they must have known that the war should has been in 1997 BUT has been stoped by John and Sarah and reported in 2004. Mayby you think that I'm a little bit freak !! Then I am ! . The only thing that make me said thing like this is because I have seen Terminator 1 50 times and terminator 2 over 100 times so when I saw the third one I ask some questions to myself in 10 years so that now I can expose those to you.. Am I crazy ? So the story beside, the third movie was full of action and Has not been made for the fan of the work of James Cameron. Like I said before, The ending was great and I think that I would have been very angry if the story had an happy ending with flowers and sun!!
I liked Terminator 3 too. I bought it on dvd a good while ago. In case you don't know(I'm sure you do though), the people behind this franchise are supposed to be working on a fourth installment, making a possible quadrilogy.